Sub-£1000 Genesis Equilibrium 20 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

ajimbobr

Thank you all for the replies... love the positivity. I know they look ridiculously nice, any more riding reviews?

Anything to put me off/ anything I should be looking at instead or is it the one?

@vickster thanks, i've being eyeing that deal up, I wonder if Evans will price match off that?

I may try and be patient and wait for one more price drop, or is that just greed?

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you all for the replies... love the positivity. I know they look ridiculously nice, any more riding reviews?

Anything to put me off/ anything I should be looking at instead or is it the one?

@vickster thanks, i've being eyeing that deal up, I wonder if Evans will price match off that?

I may try and be patient and wait for one more price drop, or is that just greed?
They won't, recently changed their rules and now only match 4 or 5 companies...wiggle/CRC, Tredz/Halfords, Cyclesurgery

I doubt the price will come down much more before stocks dry up. Especially if you're looking for a standard frame size S/M/L

The only other thing you should look at is the £1100 Sabbath Aspire Ti from Spa or a Condor Fratello but for a grand you only get the frameset !

Last edited:

Fergs

Guru
I think it's a lovely bike to ride, though I've not ridden many other drop-bars so it's not the most informed opinion. My only criticism is that the paint can come off a bit too easily for my liking and I wish I'd helicopter taped the frame as soon as I got it.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 4983672, member: 45"]I'd mirror some of the other comments. Once you've got it set up for you - I fitted compact bars- it's lovely and comfortable. The paint has chipped in a few places on mine as well.[/QUOTE]

I've got a flier and the paint on that tends to chip.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4983672, member: 45"]I'd mirror some of the other comments. Once you've got it set up for you - I fitted compact bars- it's lovely and comfortable. The paint has chipped in a few places on mine as well.[/QUOTE]
My paint is fine. Dammit. Guess that's the joy of a "limited edition" frame.

Nebulous

Guru
I looked for a 2016 model in medium early this year and there were none left. Stock of 2017 ones are disappearing fast, with several websites sold out of poular sizes already. I've seen £849, but I can't remember where - because they didn't have any in my size. Try adding up the cost of parts, with a full 105 gearset and you'll see how much of a bargain that is. I'm sure you've seen this review. I hesitated for a week or so, but eventually went for the disc version.

D

Deleted member 1258

I keep looking at this bike and reading its reviews and thinking, "I don't need an n+1, I cant justify an N+1, I cant afford an N+1", especially this month having serviced the gas fire and boiler, and with the car due for MOT and service. But its still making my card nervous.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Everyone needs at least one eek.

Bike purchased - last Medium in stock. A serious bargain. Thanks all!

It was the strongest and most positive review I had ever read of any bike in any publication and was about to buy one until SWMBO stepped in (so instead I bought a Shoter & Rochford steel framed bike off Bigssy and am well pleased with my choice), but even now I am still yearning for a 2017 Genesis Equilibrium!

Top Bottom