Sugar Puffs and Micturition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Yesterday I had a couple of bowls of Sugar Puffs - last ate some thirty years ago - and several hours later my urine smelled of Sugar Puffs.

My son assures me that this is normal.

Is it?

ELL

Über Member
My friend always says the same but I dont eat them

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Asparagus-flavoured Sugar Puffs? :ohmy: :ohmy: :tongue: !!! What will they put in our food next??

Nah, asparagus scented urine is quite unpleasant - almost overpowering.

Sugar puff scented urine smells sweet and of sugar puffs.

Perhaps in the light of Keith's comments about him not noticing, could it be that some folks' metabolisms are different.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It doesn't have to be after sugar puffs... that may be just coincidental. For some reason your body has excess of sugar and is getting rid of it. I notice it sometimes if i've had a beery session... but mybe only once every two yrs. If you notice it more often than that, get a check for diabetes.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

It doesn't have to be after sugar puffs... that may be just coincidental. For some reason your body has excess of sugar and is getting rid of it. I notice it sometimes if i've had a beery session... but mybe only once every two yrs. If you notice it more often than that, get a check for diabetes.

I'm familiar with the diabetes and sugary urine symptom.

When I taught science I used to freak kids out by telling them the tale of the consultant who conned medical students into dipping their fingers into urine samples and licking them to test for sugar before revealing that he'd switched fingers in his demo. Just as they'd relaxed I then totally freaked them out by sipping the urine samples that I had preapred earlier and had prominently displayed on the bench at the front. I'd let them squirm ofr a few minutes before I revealed that the urine samples were prepared from diluted cold tea.

Back to the original post.

Recent blood tests have indicated that all my organs are working as they hood.

The sugary smell is linked only to the consumption of sugar puffs. My son has identical experiences and apparently so does some of his pals.

Top Bottom