Suggestion for engineering/design student

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I've got a suggestion for an engineering/design student. How about someone design a pedal that:

1. you can clip into
  2. is easy to clip into
  3. also ride in ordinary shoes
  4. doesn't use the Shimano SPD system
I find Shimano SPDs and similar pedals creak like bastards, and it drives me mad. I changed the pedals on my MTB to Look Keo's (road bike pedals). They don't creak, but are difficult to clip into at traffic lights, just when you're trying to get away from traffic. I can pedal them in ordinary shoes, but they're not that comfortable. Could it also try and make them look cool and not too expensive.

e-rider

crappy member
I've got a suggestion for an engineering/design student. How about someone design a pedal that:

1. you can clip into
  2. is easy to clip into
  3. also ride in ordinary shoes
  4. doesn't use the Shimano SPD system
I find Shimano SPDs and similar pedals creak like bastards, and it drives me mad. I changed the pedals on my MTB to Look Keo's (road bike pedals). They don't creak, but are difficult to clip into at traffic lights, just when you're trying to get away from traffic. I can pedal them in ordinary shoes, but they're not that comfortable. Could it also try and make them look cool and not too expensive.

simply grease the axle and bearings and they'll stop creaking - duh!

All shimanos do that becasue they use a tiny amount of grease that quickly gets washed out

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I've tried that and it didn't bl**dy work. It's not something I want to keep on doing anyway. Just make them so they don't bl**dy creak.

Top Bottom