Suitable mudguards for Orbea Gain D50?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jinnes

Recently got myself an Orbea Gain D50 and so far I'm absolutely loving it, my only problem is that I'm having a hard time finding mudguards that fit it properly. I'm wondering if anyone here can point me to a set that they know fit the Gain D50 properly. Thanks

Cheadle8

Regular
Just fitted a pair of 35mm wide SKS Longboard mudguards to my Gain D50. However, you have to be a bit creative to make it all work. The socket head M5 bolts supplied with the fixing kit are not great, and I used 16mm stainless steel M5 button head bolts instead. The rear plastic clip which attaches to the seat stay has a horizontal fixing. However, my D50 has a vertical threaded socket in the seat stay. This required careful in-situ measuring and a hole drilling through both the clip and the mudguard. Also, the longest supplied bolt (55mm) is too short to attach the front mudguard bracket to the fork. I bought a 60mm stainless steel one (from ebay). I would also suggest cutting the stays to length after everything has been fitted and the final adjustments have been made. I used a Dremel with a cut off wheel to do this. The button head bolts look a lot neater than the socket heads, and being stainless steel, they won't rust.

Top Bottom