Summer overshoes - do they exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Having had my feet soaked several times in recent weeks, I was wondering if it is possible to get light weight summer overshoes that would keep your feet dry without getting them too warm.

The only ones I've been able to find which look like they might do the job are these Eager overshoes from SJS, but it's not clear whether they are even waterproof.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I once saw an elderley couple cycling who had a hi-vis nylon type overshoe, which looked waterproof, but not too warm like the neoprene ones. Should have stopped them & asked where to get them, as i've never seen them available anywhere :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mine aren't neoprene - I've got the Gore ones so its like a waterproof coat (but I would only bother wearing them in torrential rain.)

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
My son accused me of looking like a tramp the other day because I was wearing an old t-shirt and torn jeans while working out in the garden. I think if I start wearing plastic bags on my feet he might call in social services :evil:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I just bought a pair of dhb waterproof overshoes - about £17 from Wiggle. Too soon to say if they're brilliant, but they do seem to be waterproof and they are a lot lighter than the average overshoe. I get too hot in even quite light waterproofs, but I reckon these are better than others I've tried for keeping cool. Go up a size from your usual shoe size...

domtyler

Über Member
theclaud said:
I just bought a pair of dhb waterproof overshoes - about £17 from Wiggle. Too soon to say if they're brilliant, but they do seem to be waterproof and they are a lot lighter than the average overshoe. I get too hot in even quite light waterproofs, but I reckon these are better than others I've tried for keeping cool. Go up a size from your usual shoe size...

What about your PVC stuff?

yenrod

Dannyg said:
Having had my feet soaked several times in recent weeks, I was wondering if it is possible to get light weight summer overshoes that would keep your feet dry without getting them too warm.

The only ones I've been able to find which look like they might do the job are these Eager overshoes from SJS, but it's not clear whether they are even waterproof.

I was out y.day eve. and was desperately working the mind on the 'rain is the new sun, rejoice 'in it ;)'

It was only cause it was humid and mild that I nearly got away with it. :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dannyg said:
The answer is - yes! I have a pair of lightweight Shimano overshoes for just such use. They work fine for drizzle, showers and short spells of heavy rain. In continuous heavy rain the water does get through, but at least the wind is then kept off my wet feet.

I can't find them on t'Internet but these SIDI ones are similar.

P.H

Über Member
Dannyg said:

The Eager ones are waterproof and quite a slack fit so don't get as warm as the usual type. They're also sold by Bike + who have a better description;
LINK

Top Bottom