England : London Sunday London Ride Goes to the Movies - 4 March. CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Normally the Sunday London Ride is on the second Sunday of the month, however, that will clash with Mother’s Day, so I’m moving the March edition to 4 March instead.

The idea: A gentle meander in the best tradition of Sunday London Rides stopping at some of the places around London which have featured in well-known films over the years.

The route will be around 20 miles, subject to some minor alterations after the final recce. Originally the route was 26 miles, but I think that's too far for us to get to our destination at a reasonable time. Don't worry though, you'll only miss one location if we take the shorter route.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). This time we will not be heading through Hyde Park, so if you’ll want to use the ‘facilities’ in Hyde Park before we leave, please do that on your way to the start. You’ll need a 20p piece.

We’ll end up out east at Trinity Buoy Wharf at around 1.30pm for refreshments at Fat Boys Diner (which of course featured in the film Sliding Doors). There'll be a quick pit stop at Marylebone Station for those who can’t get all the way around without coffee and a toilet break.

For those that need it, I’ll lead people back to central London after refreshments have been taken. And there is always the option for people to use the cable car and ride back to central London via Greenwich. Or even the Woolwich ferry, if that's your fancy.

A show of hands for 4 March please.

Note, there'll be a strong weather dependency. The go/no-go decision will be taken on the preceding Friday once the weather forecasts have firmed up.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
In the diary.
Gail will come too.

jiberjaber

Veteran
This had potential as I have a clear weekend for once on that day however engineering works on the trains in Essex that weekend :sad: I've put it in the diary anyway and might ride in (it's supposed to be a rest week)

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
200w_d.gif

Top Bottom