Sunday rides at Earlswood (Solihull)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
From Sunday 23 April Heart of England Cycling Club will have rides on Sundays starting at The Red Lion Earlswood at 1000.

The plan is to start with casual rides of 20 miles or so and see what happens over the first few weeks with riders' desires.

All cyclists welcome (the club allows a couple of rides before membership at a very modest cost is required)

Details in the EVENTS area st www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk - just turn up!

Rob

D

Deleted member 1258

From Sunday 23 April Heart of England Cycling Club will have rides on Sundays starting at The Red Lion Earlswood at 1000.

The plan is to start with casual rides of 20 miles or so and see what happens over the first few weeks with riders' desires.

All cyclists welcome (the club allows a couple of rides before membership at a very modest cost is required)

Details in the EVENTS area st www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk - just turn up!

Rob

Interested to note the requirement for third party insurance for guests and new riders.

"New/guest riders are welcome to come along on up to TWO rides before they need to become members of Heart of England Cycling Club. New/guest riders must have third-party insurance cover, must provide the the Ride Leader with their own mobile number and also that of an emergency contact, before the ride starts. The membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December. All Riders/Members must be over 18 years old".

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
In reality almost everyone has automatic cover through a household insurance policy - or if members of CTC or BC (club is affiliated to both) or another cycling club insurance cover there.

The two affiliations are unclear and ambiguous on insurance requirements - doubtless this thread will have pointless discussion on this topic . . . . . we're just looking to extend the club's ride repertoire.

Rob

D

Deleted member 1258

In reality almost everyone has automatic cover through a household insurance policy - or if members of CTC or BC (club is affiliated to both) or another cycling club insurance cover there.

The two affiliations are unclear and ambiguous on insurance requirements - doubtless this thread will have pointless discussion on this topic . . . . . we're just looking to extend the club's ride repertoire.

Rob

The more relevant question is, if I turn up will someone ask if I've got the insurance and if I say no will I be excluded from riding? The other question is why do you have this insurance requirement, its something I haven't come across before.

Top Bottom