1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suntour CR8V suspension forks

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Gerry Attrick, 20 May 2008.

1. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Following on from a similar thread, does anyone know how to dismantle these forks? I want to carry out a service which is recommended to be done by the dealer, but I am an engineer for *****sake, and I don't have any desire to line the dealer's pocket.

I am aware that most forks have a retaining bolt in the dropouts, but mine don't. In fact they seem to have no retaining bolt anywhere. Neither are there castellated or any other type of nuts under the seals. (And yes I do know they are cheap and cheerful, but the bike is great for my very occasional foray onto a towpath). Any ideas?;)

2. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

You could just give up and have my old rst gila's - so you could replace cheap with cheap and all they are doing is cluttering up my hallway! :tongue:

3. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

Thanks for the offer, but there's nowt wrong with my forks, I just want to lube them properly. They haven't been serviced for two years!

4. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

5. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

Thanks Steve. I had looked at the Suntour site last year in the hope of finding an exploded diagram, but this must have been added since. It gives me a clue as to how they can be dismantled. I'll get me spanners.