Super size Bumble bee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I thought I read somewhere that bumble bees cannot fly.:tongue:

Can you therefore tell me how I this explain to a bumble bee. :ohmy: He/she has just flown into my kitchen, and it is ginormous. Must be at least one inch in diameter, very dark in colour, and makes a noise like a grass strimmer, only possibly louder. :B) He has now gone into the dining room, and I have shut the door on him. What do I do now? :biggrin: Can I have a volunteer please to let him out, by opening the patio doors?

Milo

Guru
Keep getting wasps at Milo Towers cant stand the things I remember how much it hurts getting stung I swot them though I wouldn't do that to a bee.

Funny, innit!
Bees show their mates a little dance of where to find the creme de la creme (in pollen terms, of course) that can be up to several miles away, yet they fly through an open window into a room and CAN'T GET OUT AGAIN!
I don't get it! ;)

Baggy thinks I bear a resemblance to a big furry bee....;)

She once found a majestic specimen laying in the road. She brought it home.

P8180054.jpg

I gave it a viking funeral in the back yard.

P7170005.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm OK with Bees, but absolutely detest Wasps with a passion. You just sit outside with a drink of some grub and they're on you in seconds buzzing here there and everywhere around us. The kids make a fuss and then you wonder why you bother. This spring there seems to be an awful lot of big fat wasps outside the house looking for nesting sites. I fear it's gonna be a very waspy year. I'm swatting thenm as fast as.

Recent tip to help catch em is grab an aerosol spray, deodorant, hairspray, whatever, it temporarily coats 'em and they usually hit the deck for long enough to have 'em.

Milo

Guru
Ay I like bees they don't attack with no good cause they hurt when you ride into them going down big hills.
Wasps however its all out warfare/

Top Bottom