Superstar elite wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I rate them, although I've always bought when there's been a sale on and never paid more than £100 a pair. They appear at crit races as budget wheels.

I've a white pair that rode LEL this year, including hitting a massive pothole, without any issues and stayed true. They're now on my son's training bike. In addition the red pair he's been using for the past year are onto my commuter bike. 4000+ miles again without issues.

@Hacienda71 has also had a set.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have had a pair for about two years. Raced on them in crits and road races and I wasn't the only one. They have been fine. They are a fairly generic rim, mine had Novatech hubs with uprated sks bearings and Sapim spokes. I have replaced the cartridge bearings after about 10000 miles which I would expect with any wheelset and the rims have stayed true throughout.
I did have an issue a couple of months ago where the rear rim had developed some minor cracks around some of the nipple holes. I sent Superstar an email to see if I could buy a replacement rim. I had done about 12000 miles on them so fully expected to pay for a rim and get it re-laced at the lbs. The customer service team came straight back saying they didn't have the 30mm rim in stock anymore, but would I be ok with them re-lacing the hub to a 38mm rim under warranty as the wheels weren't quite two years old, so very impressed with the customer service.
Overall I am very happy with them. They are light, durable, serviceable and good value. You don't want to be stuffing a £1k pair of Zipps in a crit. :ohmy::B)

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Don't know much about Zeal hubs. Novatec are generally regarded as being ok, although I believe they come with slightly suspect bearings as standard which is why I would imagine Superstar used to brand them as Icon hubs and stick new SKS bearings in them. I am sure there will be a few people on here who can advise if there is any noticeable/worthwhile difference.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

I've gone with elite 30 shall have them monday

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Wheels came Saturday, fast postage. Feel very light, not tested yet as I'm waiting for new cassette and chain for new bike build.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Wheels are really light and seem good quality so far done 100mile on them and there holding up well.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thread ressuraction !!!
i need new bearings for my elite 24s and i have no idea what to buy .I have contacted them but as they are old wheels i doubt they still have the tech specs

Top Bottom