Survey on assisted dying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, the actual title is "Assisted Suicide in the UK", but I thought I would leave the word "suicide" out of the title, in case it's a trigger word for anyone.

It's from the boyfriend of a friend's daughter, as part of his undergraduate degree. Beyond that I have no direct knowledge of this survey - I don't even know what he is studying - but it is pretty self explanatory. It has been reviewed by the university ethics committee (but they don't check for typos, I noticed one). The results will not be publicly available.

If you are over 18, live in the UK and are happy to fill this out, then thanks.

https://portsmouth.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/assisted-suicide-in-the-uk-2

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Done. An interesting one, the final example lacks enough detail...

Custom24

Über Member
I felt it didn't need one,

If you said that each and every of the preceding scenarios permitted euthanasia or each didn't permit it, then I suppose there would be no need for the why option on legality

I didn't answer that way. For me, I would have liked the opportunity to explain my final answer, rather than assuming the collator would understand that it was conditional based on my preceding answers.

The subject is nuanced and I would hate to see a simplistic headline of "X% support assisted dying" drawn from this survey

chr15b

Über Member
Completed the survey, difficult one. That could be a long lecture if everyone wanted to explain their reasons.

JohnHughes307

Über Member
I have also done the survey. Interesting scenarios...

Not sure what bias we are building in though - He only wanted about 60 responses and at this rate they are all going to be from cyclists!

They always say that the best thing for any issue is a celebrity going through the problems

I loved Terry Pratchett's books, and followed his programmes and discussions on this matter with interest.

Well worth a Google

Considering @JohnHughes307 post I did not complete as he has a valid point

Top Bottom