Suspesion yes or no ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunlopdave

Hi all
I posted a thread the other day regarding saddles (my sore arse)Are suspension seat posts any good for my hybrid as I wanted to get away from full suspension bikes but miss the comfort of my mountain bike but not the slowness nackering ride

Ah yes I remember the old sitting on a hatchet, so suspension now and no sore arse.

Zoiders

Sus post seem to veer wildly between cheap and jarring pogo sticks and very expensive items engineered for MTB use when there is a good chance of getting a real kick up the backside if caught out by a large bump in the saddle.

Simples answer is to go up a tyre size, 28mm to 35 mm tyres run at suitable pressure are not going to be a major drag while offering a suitable amount of ironing out of minor snags in the tarmac, also learn to move around more on the bike and get out of the saddle more, you literally don't have to sit there and take the abuse the road surface dishes out to your sit bones, if you aren't avoiding pot holes and hitting them full on you need to scan ahead a bit more and be a bit more active in your riding style.

OP
OP
D

Dunlopdave

Sus post seem to veer wildly between cheap and jarring pogo sticks and very expensive items engineered for MTB use when there is a good chance of getting a real kick up the backside if caught out by a large bump in the saddle.

Simples answer is to go up a tyre size, 28mm to 35 mm tyres run at suitable pressure are not going to be a major drag while offering a suitable amount of ironing out of minor snags in the tarmac, also learn to move around more on the bike and get out of the saddle more, you literally don't have to sit there and take the abuse the road surface dishes out to your sit bones, if you aren't avoiding pot holes and hitting them full on you need to scan ahead a bit more and be a bit more active in your riding style.
Thanks for that I'll try and change the way I ride a bit,I'm still getting used to the 700c wheels I'm finding them a bit twitchy and the bike is half the weight of my old BSO mountain bike

Top Bottom