T of Flanders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Back on in half an hour. 15.30 Sky sports, after the loons on the Motor cycles!

doyler78

Steve Austin said:
Why did eurosport show a repeat of an event that was on in the morning in the afternoon?

No idea if that is right or not but the presenter said that they apologise for not bringing the tour of flanders as this was due to a change in the motor cycling scheduling. Perhaps it was moved from the morning to the afternoon. Only a guess.

Stwutter

doyler78 said:
No idea if that is right or not but the presenter said that they apologise for not bringing the tour of flanders as this was due to a change in the motor cycling scheduling. Perhaps it was moved from the morning to the afternoon. Only a guess.

They did apologise, but it always seems the be the cycling that makes way for the Algerian semi-final of the blind lesbian disabled curling.

doyler78

Stwutter said:
They did apologise, but it always seems the be the cycling that makes way for the Algerian semi-final of the blind lesbian disabled curling.

Much is it annoyed me I do understand than when you are dealing with live sports things don't always run to schedule. I have also been p**sed off in the past by the fact that I have sky+ed a cycling event only to find that they guys are just cycling too slow :sad: and the coverage is extended and I miss the end. The way this is tackled is quite simple. If the coverage's start or end times is going to change then Eurosport should update the sky epg (electronic program guide) that way the coverage will be recorded at the correct start and finish times. Not sure how hard it is for them to update however I couldn't imagine it should be too hard. I would imagine that all the control over their schedule is delegated to them therefore it should be quite easy. If it isn't then sky needs to make improvements in their systems to able to allow quick updates which makes their sky+ platform to perform as promoted.

girofan

Now chaps, a word to the wise.
Get yourselves an old analogue box, such as Pace or Toshiba. Put your dish on the house. Get your local aerial supplier to tune it to INTERNATIONAL EUROSPORT and you will never look back.
Tour of Flanders was shown from 12.00 GMT until 16.00 yesterday without interuption!!!
Forget nasty old Mr Murdoch and his expensive packages, INTERNATIONAL is free to air!!! Whoopee!!!! :biggrin::biggrin: I have advocated this solution before, but it seems some of you prefer paying through the nose for inferior coverage? It may be analogue and not digital but at least you SEE the event!! :rolleyes:

doyler78

girofan said:
Now chaps, a word to the wise.
Get yourselves an old analogue box, such as Pace or Toshiba. Put your dish on the house. Get your local aerial supplier to tune it to INTERNATIONAL EUROSPORT and you will never look back.
Tour of Flanders was shown from 12.00 GMT until 16.00 yesterday without interuption!!!
Forget nasty old Mr Murdoch and his expensive packages, INTERNATIONAL is free to air!!! Whoopee!!!! :ohmy::biggrin: I have advocated this solution before, but it seems some of you prefer paying through the nose for inferior coverage? It may be analogue and not digital but at least you SEE the event!! :biggrin:

Nice tip but you can't really blame Mr Murdoch can you. It is British Eurosport who are responsible for the schedule changes :rolleyes:

Top Bottom