Tablet Owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Am starting to get fed up fighting with the kids for the lappy, so am thinking of getting a tablet. Use would be fairly general - web browsing, email, music, possibly the odd film or game and if I could get a bit of work use from it (edit word docs, maybe some light excel) that would be great.

Ideally was wanting to steer away from Apple, so was looking at the new Asus Transformer Prime and the Sony Tablet S - but looking on a few forums they both seem to have known issues (weak wifi, and faults with the bundled dock on the Asus; wifi dropouts and browser closedowns on the Sony). So, I thought, OK lets bring the Ipad2 back in the mix, but there are 90 page long threads on the Apple support forums about weak wifi and also other known issues including dead pixels, light bleed etc.

So, my question is...does anyone have a tablet that actually works properly?? Particularly concerning is how many have wifi issues - surely that's probably the single biggest thing to get right? Or is it just the case that only the ones with faults are getting reported on forums and there are actually thousands of happy tablet users out there?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've got a Transformer Prime, and I have had the wifi drop out a couple of times. However, my router is on the ground floor, and it only drops out when I'm on the 2nd floor. I really either need to reposition my router on the 1st floor or get a wireless extender.

I have not had any problems with wifi in cafes or other people's houses. n=1 though, so if reports of flaky wifi are widespread, You're right to be cautious.

Other than that I have no complaints with it.

Top Bottom