Tactical Voting

MichaelW2

Veteran
Are you voting for a particular party or a particular outcome or a personality?
In my Eastern region, one of the Remain tactical voting guides advises Lib Dem, the other advises Green.
I am in a quandry without a paddle.

TheDoctor

Resistance is futile!
Personally, I'm voting for the most Remain party.
Lib Dem all the way!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
In my Eastern region, one of the Remain tactical voting guides advises Lib Dem, the other advises Green.
remainvoter.com advised me to vote ChangeUK but I really want to vote Green, reckoning that in the long run maintaining the momentum the Greens currently have will be more important in the long run. And a CC poster reminded me that the Greens have a big pan-European organisation. But, me too, undecided. Definitely remain, though.

Slick

Guru
I would love to be able to vote green but can't help but feel it's a wasted vote. Remain voter recommends Lib Dems but when push comes to shove I reckon it will be the SNP for me.

You'd be silly not to. :okay:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Doesn't make much difference. At least it don't in the south east where there are 10 seats. It's the proportions of who vote for the remain parties against the leave parties that matters.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Where it makes a difference is in the position where one party is going to get enough votes for 1.5 seats, but another for just less than 1. Moving a few votes from the main Remain party to the other one could put another remainer in the EP.

However, I do think they are playing with fire a bit. If too many people switch you might even cause two parties to just miss out on a seat by mistake. I've already voted as for once I asked for a postal vote this time, so it's irrelevant for me now. For the record I voted Lib Dem, who I have voted for in the past, though I'm more often a Labour voter.

Flying_Monkey

Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere
The one that advises you to vote Lib Dem everywhere is a blatant Lib Dem propaganda, and based on a very unsophisticated model which takes no account of likely outcomes with the voting system that the European elections use. Any tactical voting advice should take into account how many votes parties are likely to get on current polling, resulting in how many seats, and how many more votes they would need to get an extra seat. The other guide that advises Green in your area does take that into account, although I think it's still underplays Green support in some areas, particularly London - and so, if you are undecided, and want to maximise the chance your 'remain' vote will have an impact you should vote Green there. There are still no guarantees of course...

Adam4868

Guru
I'll be voting Labour.If I didn't t
It would be Green.Lib Dems ? Nah I'd never forgive them for joining the Tories and forcing austerity on us.

Top Bottom