Tacx Neo flywheel removal tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
As per the title. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK where I can buy the tool?

I’m happy to pay the £15.03 to buy the tool direct from Tacx but the £10.61 postage is a bit of a joke :laugh:

Milzy

Guru
As per the title. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK where I can buy the tool?

I’m happy to pay the £15.03 to buy the tool direct from Tacx but the £10.61 postage is a bit of a joke :laugh:
If you was close you could use mine. I have a friend who could probably 3D print them & sell them on eBay but he’s not that interested in selling anything he makes.
It’s a rip off for postage. How long you had unit? You could just send them a video of someone’s grinding machine & blag one for free.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Bought the Neo 2 in February (new). Not interested in sending it back due to the time I'd be without it.

I ordered a Neo (1) in December which arrived damaged. Waited 2 weeks for a replacement, which worked for about a week and then the flywheel went out of balance. Waited 5 weeks for the refund and placed the order for the Neo 2 (from a different retailer lol). I'm pretty sure this is just something inside the flywheel making a scratching noise as it rotates so I'm happy to investigate myself (anything to avoid another extended period off the trainer).

I emailed Tacx with a detailed description but they want me to send them a video. Frankly, I can't be bothered! (especially as it seems to take them a couple of days each time to reply). I'd sooner just pay for the tool and sort the problem myself. It sounds just like loads of videos online where there's swarf or build debris in the trainer.

Milzy

Guru
I just sent a video of somebody else’s machine, took 2 mins to email. Received tool 5 days after.
Brilliant customer care.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Ha Ha, I emailed them and said thank you very much but as my noise is the same as countless videos already uploaded I didn't see the point. I didn't complain I just asked them if there was a UK distributor so I could just buy the tool myself as I thought the postage was a bit OTT direct from their site. Just checked my emails and received notification that they've posted the tool out :smile:

So, it took a few days to get there but on the whole I'm very pleased with the service from Tacx. However, to be fair, it is good customer service but then when you pay £1,200 for a trainer I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect it to be so?

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Oh and thank you for the offer of the pirate videos but, knowing my luck, someone at Tacx would recognise it and I'd be blacklisted!! :smile:

Top Bottom