Take Five...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
As in the Dave Brubeck piece.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwNrmYRiX_o

After nigh on a year of Saxophone tuition, we've rounded a bend and this is my next big challenge... I've had a go this evening, trying to get the notes somewhere right (slowly though, not at race pace!) and it's not too bad (unless you can hear me playing), but that first 5 beat run is a tad tricky...

Oh well, practice makes perfect I guess.

Anyone else out there wrestling with playing a new tune?

purplepolly

OOh sax! I want to learn too but the walls are rather thin and it might just drive the neighbours potty.

I've been learning "si beag si mor" on the guitar for months, I can do all the notes in the right order now with some fluency but still not quite there yet... One day, one day...

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Good to know others are grappling with the dots on paper!
I love trying to get to grips with a new tune, I can really get lost in it 'till me lip goes. PP, the Sax is not an instrument for thin walls, it's seriously loud! C'mon Lardyboy, get your horn out! PP I don't know that opiece of music, is it on youtube? (such a help with learning new tunes). b&d, don't know that tune either, what ya playin on?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Noodley said:
My ears are being wrestled by elder Noodlette learning new tunes on her Oboe :tongue:

Ahhh, the Oboe, my first instrument, and I can still just about play. Such an mournful and emotional tone (once mastered :rofl:).
The fingerings of the Oboe are very similar to the Saxophone which 30 odd years later gave me quite a head start.

Good on the elder Noodlette!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Love that tune.. also "Blue Rondo a la Turk", the tune, not the 80s pop band :tongue:

Top Bottom