Tale of 2 fixies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

Nice to have a fixie talk to me today, thought they were all trendy hoxton whores lol. Completed me on not cycling up the inside of a mini-bus. :biggrin: It was near Oval where a women was killed a week or so before, so said something to that effect.

Then, another fixie too cool to stop at red lights got a good fright. Pedestrian crossing on the green man, shouted/screamed at him really loudly as he came close to the ped. Made me chuckle especially as the ped carried on walking as if nothing happend while the cool courior type looks back and gives him mouth an the finger!

nice ride in though, managed to find a window in this aweful weather, legs felt strong too. Crazy idea, but would love to do a stage of le tour next year. a nice flat one lol

Fixies arent cool,they just think they are.

Actually I was a bit harsh.

Case one. On the day of the London bombings a courier at Aldgate guided me round the backstreets (fnar fnar)of London and helped me get to Waterloo.

Case two.When I fell off doing a left turn onto Southwark Bridge from Upper Thames Street after the chain broke a courier came over and asked if I was ok.So I guess fixed wheel couriers are cool.

Much appreciated.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

really?!?! thats rather sporting of them. Good to hear nice stories from time to time

Tynan

Veteran
I suspect the 'cool' is ironic

The couriers are fine, its the fakengers and wannabees that are the idiots

skwerl

Tynan said:
I suspect the 'cool' is ironic

The couriers are fine, its the fakengers and wannabees that are the idiots

There's nothing wrong with them. They generally ride less aggressively than couriers and don't have the attitude. So what if they care to follow a fashion? Who doesn't?

I see couriers pull twattish moves every day and there's a definite fashion amongst them as well, you just have to look at their bikes and gear they wear to see that.

Top Bottom