TALK TALK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

Not the band but the broadband! Thinking of changing over to them. Got a letter in saying they can do pretty much what I get from BT option 1 for substantially less a month. Does anyone on here use them? Any pitfalls to avoid?

I'm with them, heard loads of horror stories about crap customer service and other issues, but the costs was why I went to them, in 3 years only had internet drop out for over 2 hours once, never had a prob that needed me to call their customer services so no idea on quality there.

Personally I'm going to stay with them as long as they are about or at least till someone else can beat what I pay a month, money is money and being with them I have more in my pocket.

louise

I have had modem problems and their customer service was awful they were incredibly unhlpful and on of the guys attitudes stank since then I have had not problems.

louise said:
I have had modem problems and their customer service was awful they were incredibly unhlpful and on of the guys attitudes stank since then I have had not problems.

Was modem theirs or one you got elsewhere? Just I used my own (belkin) and never once had an issue, but I did hear that theirs were known to have issues, bought at a price rather than quality if you know what I mean

johnnyh

Veteran
I love TalkTalk, their appalling customer service means my little company gets lots of work doing house calls to resolve problems... ironically this ends up costing Joe Public more than they would have spent out had they gone with Be, Newnet, Zen etc etc... you know, those ISPs with a UK call desk.

Got to be the Internet version of a BSO

Indeed it is the £74.99 full suspension MTB of the ISP world :biggrin:

Pottsy

I have to say they provided the worse customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I moved back to BT even at the extra cost. I'm honestly not normally someone who complains very readily either.

We moved to TalkTalk (from Virgin) in December 2007, and get their Talk2 plan:
'8'Mb BB (40GB/mth download limit - have never been close to exceeding this), plus telephone (can keep old number) including line rental, with free evening and w/e calls for around £16.50 (+ any calls that aren't free) per month. No problems with the phone.

We've not had any probs with BB since signing up. TT have had some negative press in the past, so I was watching them like a hawk for the trial period. At one point, a few months ago, the wired modem started having to be rebooted at the beginning of each session. I mentioned this on their help forum, and received a new one very quickly in the post; was impressed.

We got one of their £30 D-link wireless routers last month, and it's great. We're about 1-2 mls from the exchange and most of the time seem to get ~ 5-5.5Mb BB speeds. e.g. iplayer on HQ, streams very well all over the house, and the walls are v.solid.

We have about +4 mths left of the 18mth contract and plan to stay with them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We have been with them since September... without problems (other than the ones that come from changing your email addresses).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend had problems getting her Talk Talk internet connection to work reliably, but she didn't have to deal with Talk Talk support because she phoned me up instead... :biggrin:

A quick visit to Google revealed that TT at that time had sent out thousands of buggy setup disks which didn't save ADSL router settings properly (as soon as the router was powered down, all setup information was lost).

I found a setup page where the settings could be saved manually and since then her system has worked pretty reliably. She tells me that sometimes it is a bit slow, but I haven't had to go round and fix it again.

summerdays said:
We have been with them since September... without problems (other than the ones that come from changing your email addresses).

as far as i'm aware, i don't have a talk talk e-mail address, oh well.

been with them for about a year now, not had problems with the service, other than BT disconnecting me, canceling the direct debit and then billing me for disconnection (best waiting until contract runs out)

talk talk sent me a modem, i plugged it in and rang them up, once i'd got through to them that i couldn't use the start disk and wasn't using windows all went well.

my netgear wireless router gradually seemed to loose signal so i gave up and started using the modem talk talk sent me and a very long wire, not a problem when you have a desktop computer.

when i move i plan on keeping my account :sad:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have the aol/talk talk/carphone warehouse package but only because I don't use my home phone for out going calls and I wanted (needed at the time) a free laptop.
No major broad band problems that weren't quickly solved by their call centre.

didn't realise that aol and talk talk were bundled together.

i refuse to have any AOL software on my computers, i've seen what it can do and had to re-format as a result.

but then again, i don't let any of that horrid Microsoft stuff on one of my computers :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was about to lose AOL but I needed the free laptop so I thought I'd go for it. I have AOL installed on my old desktop in order to set up the wireless but on my laptop I just access my emails online at the AOL website. It saved me having to install the software on it. The monthy cost of the wireless broadband, Talk Talk and free laptop was the same as my previous AOL wired broadband anyway so it was all gain for me.

Top Bottom