tattoos & body piercing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Is it me or are more and more people having tattoos and/or body piercing these days? Call me old fashioned but when I see a man or a boy with an earing or a stud through his eyebrow I just think what a burke. As for tattoos. Having your partner's name tattooed on your arm is a bit shortsighted but it's especially dumb if it's somewhere in constant view. Like your neck or even your face.

I think you have to be crazy to have a tattoo due to it's permanancy.

Anyone got a tattoo they regret getting done?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
My oldest son is currently stretching his ear lobe with those big circular ear rings. I keep telling him that he';ll regret it, but do they listen ?

adscrim

Veteran
Horses for courses. I have always wanted a tattoo but held off getting one because of fear of not liking something 5/10/20 years down the line. As such, there was no way I was going to walk into a tattoo parlour, pick an image out of a book and have it added to my adonis like body. However, after having kids I started thinking again about what I would like and designed a pictoral representation of my family using open and budding flowers. I love it, but I did place it on my inner bicep so that it can't be seen through work shirts without looking specifically for it. I'm an accountant and some accountants can still be a bit stuffy!

ChrisKH

Guru
Horses for courses. I have always wanted a tattoo but held off getting one because of fear of not liking something 5/10/20 years down the line. As such, there was no way I was going to walk into a tattoo parlour, pick an image out of a book and have it added to my adonis like body. However, after having kids I started thinking again about what I would like and designed a pictoral representation of my family using open and budding flowers. I love it, but I did place it on my inner bicep so that it can't be seen through work shirts without looking specifically for it. I'm an accountant and some accountants can still be a bit stuffy!

Just some? ;)

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I have 4 tattoos which I like a lot. I need to get one of them re-done though.

I'm looking to get another 2 or 3 that I have in mind although I do think carefully before getting a tattoo done.

Peircings!!?? :ohmy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:stop:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got a tattoo on each shoulder. Both designs that I liked, had the first one henna'd, liked it a lot so got it made permanent. The second one I liked as well, it's japanese for wolf but apparently it may also be South Korean for lion (some SKs offering massages on a Greek beach kept going "Lion, Lion" at me) so I've settled for it means "big hairy thing with claws that eats people". Doesn't detract from the design though.

Neither tattoo shows through a white shirt. They are "body art" and therefore for display when I want them to be displayed not all the time.

I'm also trying to find a spot for a Tudor/Lancashire rose, probably my calf but the missus isn't keen.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I wouldn't do it because it's a chav habit but anyway my sister works in a hospital department dealing with the unpleasant consequences of botched or DIY tattoos and piercings and she tells me that if you saw what she sees daily you would never inflict any of that crap on yourself.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

What about Phillips Idowu?

Stud in his chin, and through his tongue. An earing and a stud thing through his eyebrow. WTF

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I've got a tribal tattoo over my right shoulder and down my back (took 14 hours work in all).
It's completely covered by a work shirt or tshirt if I need to.

I wouldn't have any on my arms or legs, but considering extending it down my back at some point.

I love it and really don't care what anyone else thinks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jamie Staff's is awesome...........

SGdsc_2466.jpg

Top Bottom