Taxi driver and git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Just happened this afternoon; you'll hear a little verbal from me after he's passed me, because he's looking at me in his wing mirror and giving me the finger:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4GZIWbMtI

Do I take this stupid, stupid manoevre to Plod, or the appropriate local taxi licensing people?

Regarding what else I could have done... Well, I could have been further over to the right, but I was as near as dammit in the middle of the lane and that should be far enough out :angry:

Report him to the police.

Ideally, being on camera, the evidence is there for all and sundry to see; unfortunately it is becoming the norm these days to see/experience such poor driving.
A bus pulled out on me today from a bus stop without indicating or looking in the mirror, and he was steering with one hand whilst talking on his mobile!
What are the authorities going to do? Very little, as we live in the world of fuel-powered vehicles where there is little/no respect/regard to cyclists! ;):angry:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
What a cock.
Probably one of those types that gets annoyed with cyclists "in the middle of the road" when there's traffic calming features about and wanted to make a point of it.

Maz

Guru
It wasn't a taxi, was it? Some sort of car garage effort (with CAB in its reg...hmm).

Report him all the same.

Was that in Arbury?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Cab said:
Regarding what else I could have done... Well, I could have been further over to the right, but I was as near as dammit in the middle of the lane and that should be far enough out :sad:

I notice the road has those 'pillows' to calm traffic. These are a bugger because:

You go left and encourage a close overtake
You go right and meet oncoming traffic trying to straddle the bump
You go over the bump and worry your arse/wrists/laptop in pannier/ all three.

I have these on my NCN23 commute (<cynic>I'm sure more sustrans money will be invested in these soon</cynic>) and they certainly don't help road positioning. I think part of the reason he's pulled in so quick is because you'd do less damage to his MOT-dodging death-taxi by going under his wheels than the pillow would.

Definitely DO NOT beat yourself up about positioning. His problem - not yours.

Report to the cab company. (It is a cab as the plate is visible on the bumper). Driving like that is not acceptable.:sad:

Letter to the polis with a copy to the Taxi licensing authority.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Report this to the company and to the Police.

Follow that cab, Cab!

FWIW I go to the right of the speed bumps at pinch points like these, you avoid the 'pillow' and are clear of being pushed into the gutter.
Drivers then stay back as they can neither over or undertake and I return to a secondary position asap to let them past with a 'thank you'.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
mickle said:
Letter to the polis with a copy to the Taxi licensing authority.

yeahthat.gif

This is a large company with an image and a reputation to protect.....

A polite email to the Head Office of "Nationwide Autocentre"asking if this is typical of their company's attitude to road safety and if it is really the image they are trying to promote for their company.

I am willing to put money on their having a quiet word with the driver!

Moonlight

If you send to video off then get rid of the sound, they are more likely to see your side of the argument if you weren't shouting at him. This may sound a little dishounourable but I hate bad drivers.

If you wish send me a copy the file and I'll edit so it sounds like there is just wind, and no words. ipomoea at rock.com, either will get an instant reply.

Good luck with justice.

Trillian

Cunobelin said:
This is a large company with an image and a reputation to protect.....

A polite email to the Head Office of "Nationwide Autocentre"asking if this is typical of their company's attitude to road safety and if it is really the image they are trying to promote for their company.

I am willing to put money on their having a quiet word with the driver!

erm, nationwide autocentre are only advertising on the taxi in the video, they most likely advertise through an agency

however, if you get a bad responce from the taxi company / registry then ring nationwide autocentre who may well complain to the advertising agency who will proberbly strip the advert off the taxi and the driver won't have the money from it

Top Bottom