Tchibo Solar-Powered Bike Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billloudon

I used the above on my 26" wheel Giant for a couple of years and have had no problems.
I now own a Giant with 700 wheels. The problem, well I have lost the destructions I mean instructions.
Can anyone help?
Are they online?

siadwell

Guru
Ja, I also haf zis Solar-Fahrradcomputer.

I'm working from home today, so have found the instructions and have them in front of me. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. If you can wait until Friday, I can scan and email them to you.

Otherwise, the instructions for entering the wheel size are in essence:
1) Reset by pushing both buttons simultaneously for 2 secs.
2) Wheel size (in mm) appears in display. Last digit flashes. Press right button to set figure.
3) Briefly press left button to confirm setting.
4) Next digit flashes. Repeat above.
5) After setting 4th digit, use right button to select kmh or mph. Press left button to confirm setting.

If you let me know your wheel size, I'll look up what value they have for wheel size in mm.

OP
OP
B

Billloudon

siadwell said:
Ja, I also haf zis Solar-Fahrradcomputer.

I'm working from home today, so have found the instructions and have them in front of me. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. If you can wait until Friday, I can scan and email them to you.

Otherwise, the instructions for entering the wheel size are in essence:
1) Reset by pushing both buttons simultaneously for 2 secs.
2) Wheel size (in mm) appears in display. Last digit flashes. Press right button to set figure.
3) Briefly press left button to confirm setting.
4) Next digit flashes. Repeat above.
5) After setting 4th digit, use right button to select kmh or mph. Press left button to confirm setting.

If you let me know your wheel size, I'll look up what value they have for wheel size in mm.

I will give your instructions a go.
I think I can work out the size. It should be 3.14 X Diameter (700) = 2198.
It would be great if you would scan and send them to me.
I'll get back to this thread if I manage to get it up and running.
Many thanks

gbrowne

Hi Siadwell, I noticed your post here back in 2009 regarding this particular model of bike computer where you mentioned you still had a copy of the instructions. I recently 'inherited' one of these on a bike I was given (long story!). Is there any chance at all you could possibly send me a scan or a pic to gbrowne@cix.co.uk ? Would be very grateful. I have already used your previous instructions to set the wheel circumference, but there are a couple of other settings I don't understand.

Many thanks,
Geoff.

siadwell

Guru
Sure, just send me your email address via a Conversation.

Chinchilla

Could You send me this insructions too?
My emali address is [see below]
Thanks in advance

Mod edit - not really a good idea to put emails on public posts.
I have PM'd siadwell with the email address as Chinchilla doesn't have enough posts to do it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom