[TdeF - Teams] Dan Martin out with Tendonitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
As title really - damn shame for him, and for Garmin, who really can't seem to get a break this year.

Maaskant will ride in his place, according to Slipstream's twitter feed.

John the Monkey said:
As title really - damn shame for him, and for Garmin, who really can't seem to get a break this year.

Maaskant will ride in his place, according to Slipstream's twitter feed.
Collar bones excepted....xx(

Shame about Martin. He's the grand-hope-of-the-future chappy isn't he?

yello

I honestly didn't realise tendinitis could be so debilitating. I thought anti-inflammatories would sort that out sufficiently for him to ride. Though maybe he's had it a while and it's not responding to treatment... so rest is the only option.

He must be pig sick.

yello said:
I honestly didn't realise tendinitis could be so debilitating. I thought anti-inflammatories would sort that out sufficiently for him to ride. Though maybe he's had it a while and it's not responding to treatment... so rest is the only option.

He must be pig sick.
Tendonitis nobbled Hinault mid-Tour one year (can't recall exactly which one) and he had to pull out.

I suspect that the treatment would be corticosteroids and they're on the naughty list. Unless you're St Lance and have a retrospective note from your mum...:biggrin:

yello

Chuffy said:
I suspect that the treatment would be corticosteroids and they're on the naughty list.

I wondered if that might come into it too. Poor bugger though, that's a silly niggling injury and one that I would imagine all cyclists have to deal with at some stage. Still, there'll be at least one person that's pleased as a result - Maaskant!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
It'll be interesting to see how Maaskant gets on, I remember seeing him in one of the classics this spring, and the commentators were tipping him as a good stage-racing prospect for the future...

Top Bottom