1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDF punt

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by CJ87, 22 Jun 2008.

1. CJ87

CJ87 New Member

Just been offered 3-1 for Cadel Evans, what do you guys think, sound like a good bet?

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Get each way

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

If you don't bet you can't lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I like a bet on tournaments but I only usually punt about £10, so at 3-1 you only win £30 obviously. I prefer to have a bit on an outsider each way with a chance of winning a decent bit of money. However the chances are clearly pretty good for Evans to win the race so if you think it's a good bet, it is. I personally hope he doesn't win and think that 3-1 isn't great odds on what could be a pretty open event.

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Go and buy yourself 2 fish suppers instead. Evans will never win the tdf. He's nothing more than an extremely good pace-setter.

Valverde will be 1st.

I've said that for the last 3 years mind you...

6. CJ87

CJ87 New Member

Thanks for all your insight, I decided to go each way on Carlos Sastre in the end at 14-1!

7. rich p

Of the Schlecks, Andy is 11-1 and Frank is 40-1. Does that represent their respective chances, do you think?

8. Skip Madness

Skip Madness New Member

It is probably about fair. I doubt Fränk really is capable of winning the Tour - he'd need people to let him get away in a break Pereiro-style. Andy definitely could win although he's a bit of a long shot at this early stage in his career, I think. A good outsider, though, particularly given the relative lack of time-trial kilometres and the absence of Contador.

9. rich p

I agree that Frank is unlikely but maybe better than a 40-1 shot but Andy at fourth favourite after Evans, Valverde and Menchov?

10. Skip Madness

Skip Madness New Member

I didn't realise that 11-1 made Andy fourth favourite - that does seem a little crazy to me. Especially looking at some of the odds you can get on other riders - Mauricio Soler can be had at 40-1, Samuel Sánchez at 50-1, Ángel Gómez Marchante at 66-1 and Igor Anton at 80-1.

Interestingly, Roman Kreuziger can still be found for 50-1 - I wonder how many bets he's had laid down over the past few days?

11. rich p

Ricco is 50-1 which seems like better value

12. CJ87

CJ87 New Member

A night on the town is in order!!:sad:

13. Well done that man - took no advice from this forum :biggrin: