TDF punt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Get each way

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I like a bet on tournaments but I only usually punt about £10, so at 3-1 you only win £30 obviously. I prefer to have a bit on an outsider each way with a chance of winning a decent bit of money. However the chances are clearly pretty good for Evans to win the race so if you think it's a good bet, it is. I personally hope he doesn't win and think that 3-1 isn't great odds on what could be a pretty open event.

Tetedelacourse

Go and buy yourself 2 fish suppers instead. Evans will never win the tdf. He's nothing more than an extremely good pace-setter.

Valverde will be 1st.

I've said that for the last 3 years mind you...

OP
OP
C

CJ87

Thanks for all your insight, I decided to go each way on Carlos Sastre in the end at 14-1!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Of the Schlecks, Andy is 11-1 and Frank is 40-1. Does that represent their respective chances, do you think?

Skip Madness

rich p said:
Of the Schlecks, Andy is 11-1 and Frank is 40-1. Does that represent their respective chances, do you think?

It is probably about fair. I doubt Fränk really is capable of winning the Tour - he'd need people to let him get away in a break Pereiro-style. Andy definitely could win although he's a bit of a long shot at this early stage in his career, I think. A good outsider, though, particularly given the relative lack of time-trial kilometres and the absence of Contador.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I agree that Frank is unlikely but maybe better than a 40-1 shot but Andy at fourth favourite after Evans, Valverde and Menchov?

Skip Madness

rich p said:
I agree that Frank is unlikely but maybe better than a 40-1 shot but Andy at fourth favourite after Evans, Valverde and Menchov?

I didn't realise that 11-1 made Andy fourth favourite - that does seem a little crazy to me. Especially looking at some of the odds you can get on other riders - Mauricio Soler can be had at 40-1, Samuel Sánchez at 50-1, Ángel Gómez Marchante at 66-1 and Igor Anton at 80-1.

Interestingly, Roman Kreuziger can still be found for 50-1 - I wonder how many bets he's had laid down over the past few days?

Top Bottom