TdF Stage 14 SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Well, better late than never....

What looked like a sprinters stage is confused by a breakaway containing a member of just about every sprinters team.... including one George Hincapie.

So this makes matters rather intriguing. Will Columbia chase down one of their senior members? Will team Armstrong/Astana let them? Has a deal been done? I bet there is/was a very interesting discussion in the Columbia team car.

It puts George H in yellow. But will Cavendish get green back?

Oh, French commentators say Cavendish was furious yesterday evening. I bet he was!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
George just went back to the team car and rode of shaking his head. Dunno wot that's all about.

OP
OP
Y

yello

It could be an opportunity for other GC riders teams to try something, just to see what the reaction of Astana/Columbia is. Fat chance of that though! I reckon everyone's riding in awe and waiting for others mistakes!

Will1985

Über Member
It's going to be close for yellow. AG2R probably can't pull it under 5 mins on their own and I think Astana won't make a huge effort on the front.

Columbia to start the train from a few km out to get Cav as many points as possible?

OP
OP
Y

yello

Will1985 said:
Columbia to start the train from a few km out to get Cav as many points as possible?

I can't see that they have any alternative. Not many points to get past 12th, especially as Hushvold will not be far behind, but every little helps. MAY be enough to take back green.

Will1985

Über Member
It's not going to happen for big George - Ivanov's escape has broken the momentum.

Top Bottom