Team GB bit odd...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Hardly odd, more like attention to detail. It is what makes Team GB a success.

Skip Madness

Competitive cycling should be all about the cyclists, not the material their jerseys are made of. If these jerseys really are better than the other nations' then we should be sharing the technology with them.

Skip Madness

Dave5N said:
You have missed the point.

It's not the jerseys, it's the self-inflicted fractures that concern us.
I can't tell if you are joking or what, but I was talking about the article, not your subsidiary point.

justAl

I think Team GB are being a bit daft. Three years is along time to keep a secret and besides, by 2012 today's technology will be in a museum.As for Clancy and a new treatment for collarbone fractures, surely this would have to go through medical channels? (Give me £5000 and I'll be your lab-rat!!)
Come on Team GB, get your heads from out of your a**e

No, justAl, I'm with Crackle, it's clever psychology.

All this Boardman 'Secret Squirrel Club', "if I let you see our secrets I'll have to kill you" stuff, it's subtle mid-games and putting that little seed of doubt into the opposition.

mondobongo

Über Member
I don't see how sending the kit to Japan to be sewn up hides who it is for, the Red White and Blue together with GB logos is pretty distinctive. Its a mind games story.

TVC

Agreed, it's all to psyche out the opposition. Wait for the Olympic velodrome, they'll be spreading stories of secret rooms that only Team GB will have access too. Tyre material matched to the track surface, temperature and humidity set to Boardmans specification...etc, all to put doubt in the minds of Johnny Foreigner.

Perhaps they were afraid that CC perves the French wanted to obtain the suits so that they could sniff Vicky P's gusset get some DNA to run through new doping procedures at Le Laboratoire des Eccuriels Secret at Malabry?

;)

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
This just proves that cycling has totally lost its soul. It has become a ludicrous, middle class and elistist sprort. No wonder the public are losing interestand are turning to darts and indoor bowls instead.

Top Bottom