Team Sky Announcement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sky Sports Team

We know you’re passionate about cycling and we wanted you to be amongst the first to know about the creation of a professional British road cycling team - Team Sky.

Team Sky hopes to create the first British winner of the Tour De France within the next five years and inspire more people, to get on their bikes and enjoy the positive benefits of cycling.

Competing from the start of 2010, Team Sky will have a core of British riders, coaches and support staff andwill be managed by David Brailsford who, as you know, led Britain’s Olympic team to its inspiring 14 medal haul.

Team Sky is just part of Sky’s commitment to cycling, as a Principal Partner of British Cycling we’re looking to fuel the sport from grass roots to professional level. We are also developing more inspiring events, like last year’s Sky Sports London Freewheel, to make cycling fun, easy and accessible to all.

We look forward to hearing what you have to say and if you want us to, we’ll be happy to come back and update you on any new developments.

Thanks
Sky Sports Team

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You aren't going to win anything if you're slower than me! Duplicate thread...

mondobongo

Über Member
rich p said:
Do us a favour and keep your subscriber hands off televised cycling.

Well put Rich.

Didn't hear Sky wanting to put money into Cycling in the past but all of a sudden oh yeah I forgot Britain is quite good at it these days.

See they were organised this morning the original Announcement post went into Touring and Expedition.

TVC

Shock news - Sky has realised that there are other sports apart from football - I need to sit down.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
You're a miserable lot!!! Come on, there's some serious money going into a British cycling team! That's great news! We're in the middle of a credit crunch and they're investing!!! Bring it on.

AND they have a decent name....Team Sky sounds a whole lot better than Team Tesco!

Dave5N

Über Member
Cathryn said:
You're a miserable lot!!! Come on, there's some serious money going into a British cycling team! That's great news! We're in the middle of a credit crunch and they're investing!!! Bring it on.

AND they have a decent name....Team Sky sounds a whole lot better than Team Tesco!

Quite right. British cycling gets the biggest boost from a heavyweight sponsor ever, and you lot miss the point completely. They are sponsoring a team not buying TV rights in this case.

mondobongo

Über Member
You have to ask why after all these years of SKY being about they now suddenly want to become involved in Cycling.

Keith Oates

Janner
What ever the reasons for Sky getting involved in Cycling Racing it can only be good for us the fans. I would say a big thankyou to them for making this move and I hope it's a help to their business aims so that we can have a team to follow for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom