Team Sky Team Strip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

teamsky-competition-800x600_2402290.jpg

Team-Sky-launch-The-Mall-January-2010_2403433.jpg

I reckon its lousy !

What do you think ;)

Will1985

Über Member
For a moment there I thought that they had to resort to a bit of chippendale action to raise funds...

I agree the kit isn't great - firstly the black might clash with Cervelo who decided to go back to black in order to stand out, and secondly it is bland - Team Sky win worst kit in the peloton even before turning a pedal in anger.

zizou

Veteran
looks just like the last t mobile one but in a different colour. which in turn looked like the old bianchi one i suppose.

quite like it, relatively plain and simple - not a classic but not awful either

dudi

Well... from a telly watching point of view - it's lousy.

But i'd be more likely to buy one of their tops than, say... the Blue & Orange Rabobank jersey. Purely because it's a lot more subtle, and I'd actually wear it outside myself without feeling like a lemon.

Perhaps they're going for the simpler jersey to try and boost replica sales.
Like when the England shirt was designed to look good with jeans in an attempt to sell more.

gavintc

Guru
Keith Oates said:
I think it's OK and as sizou said it's not inundated with to many logos and adverts.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet, I suspect the gaps will fill in as money starts coming in from secondary sponsors. I see to remember Cavendish riding in a plainish High Road kit before Columbia and HTC jumped on the sponsors list. Admittedly, Sky seem to have a fair amount of money to run this campaign.

wafflycat

I like it. It's not too garish, it's a simple design and not a mish-mash of all sorts of clashing colours. It's why I also liked the Bianchi one that was just celeste with the central band, & why I like the Cervelo one, and the CSC ones... all fairly simple colour schemes.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Wouldn't a black kit be much hotter in summer when the sun is blazing down ? or am I being dim ? (The second option is rather more likely :smile:

BigSteev

cisamcgu said:
Wouldn't a black kit be much hotter in summer when the sun is blazing down ? or am I being dim ? (The second option is rather more likely ;)

Not dim at all - Cervelo used a white kit in the summer instead of their black one.

BigSteev

cisamcgu said:
Wouldn't a black kit be much hotter in summer when the sun is blazing down ? or am I being dim ? (The second option is rather more likely ;)

Not dim at all - Cervelo used a white kit in the summer instead of their black one.

mike e

Another vote for the "naff" camp...:biggrin:

Question (possibly dim as well...;))

Once launched does a team have to stick to the chosen strip or can it be changed / modified through the season?

Top Bottom