Tell me about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Alnwick. Lesbury to be exact.

What is the story behind the usual Tourist Info stuff ? Best pubs, walks, places to eat,things to see, dives, to look in on (avoid) etc etc.

If any.

I am off there for a couple of days this coming weekend.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Lesbury's got a pub and the East Coast mainline station... that's about it. Go to Alnmouth for the more pubs... + Bistro 23 on Wednesday and Saturday nights but need to book. Alnwick is bigger and more going on... but depends what you want to do?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Howick Hall Valley Walk but you need to pay to get in the gardens [great cafe] but the spring bulbs will be perfect just now... walk emerges at a small rivermouth and you can walk up the coast in a circuit from there.Great walk from Craster up to Dunstanburgh Castle and Embleton.

Great beach at Alnmouth and coastal path, Barter Books [the old railway station], Alnwick Castle and Gardens. Cragside not far away [earliest domestic hydro-electric power driven supply] Holy Island and Bamburgh to the north, Farne Island boat trips. NCR1 up the east coast.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Thanks for that everyone. I think that will keep us out of trouble for Saturday and Sunday.

No bike this time though seeing as it's just a day or so but we are off there again for a week sometime soon and will have the bikes with us for sure.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Fantastic weekend. Spent most of it walking up and down and around about Alnmouth, Alnwick and Warkworth.
Didn't actually DO all that much, but it was a great weekend.
Alnmouth, who would have thought that in mid March just about every restaurant was chocka on Saturday night. We had to drive into Alnwick to get some grub.

Looking forward to a week there in June.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom