Tell what we have that's good...

Things that are good:

The feeling of a cool breeze on a warm day
The soft crunching sound of walking through fresh snow
The bright clicking sound of a quality freehub, and the gentle swish of spokes slicing the air
The memes
The modding team
The coming revolution
Making progress on a personal project and not having your antivirus software freak out when you hit "Build"
Being awake at 3:39am because the part of your brain that regulates sleep hasn't worked properly in 25 years

No wait, scrub that last one

EltonFrog

Yup, no, that didn’t work.
The biscuity aroma of a warm puppy.

A favourite cycling cap - a cap I cycle in, not a cycling specific cap - which I feared was too grubby and sweat stained and grease smeared to be redeemable, coming up lovely, bright and clean after a wee soak in 'Vanish'.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We actually have online connectivity which is quite cool.

I spent all morning 'in' Pune attending a class livestreamed by one of the most senior teachers of my yoga school - something that would have been unlikely to happen back in 'normal' times.

Then a large chunk of the afternoon taking part in a discussion with people on the ground, about small farm practices, and politics in Central America - again not something that might usually occur.

After all that screen time, i was quite glad for a evening spent cultivating, in the slanting midsummer eve sunshine.

Oh, and someone else cooked eggs on toast for tea :okay:

All the good things :rolleyes:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
A lot of people comment on the re-emergence of Nature, including me. It's actually always been steadily burbling along in the background, and we have just been too busy to notice. The relative quiet has been a blessing, of course.
Hang on, when you say burbling along do you mean down the pan and eventually round the u bend?:whistle:

sheddy

Guru
Did Foodie mention MR ?
Fab !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000k8d1

PaulB

Legendary Member
I humbly apologise for my silly remark above. I was going to follow it up with an explanatory posting but was called upon to sort out an emergency right away so wasn't able. You all know it was tongue-in-cheek, don't you?

lazybloke

Let's go sledding
It's pretty good rolling up at a National Trust garden on a Sunday morning and finding the limited headcount makes it feel like you've got the place to yourself

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's pretty good rolling up at a National Trust garden on a Sunday morning and finding the limited headcount makes it feel like you've got the place to yourself
On the other hand realising that you've got to book a week ahead is a bit of a bummer.

matticus

A lot of people comment on the re-emergence of Nature, including me. It's actually always been steadily burbling along in the background, and we have just been too busy to notice. The relative quiet has been a blessing, of course.
That's missing the point. Animals have been rediscovering areas that were too noisy/dangerous for them to due to human activity (well, mainly driving activities actually).

I've seen a big increase in nice creatures just on my commute, I'm no less busy on that journey - *my* behaviour hasn't changed, the animals' has :smile:

Top Bottom