Tempting my wife over to the dark side...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife is a seasoned and almost Elite distance runner (sub 1:26 half marathon etc) recently returned to running after a stress fracture and now has a tumour (operable apparently) in her foot so will be out of running for a while.
She emailed me at work a coulpe of times this week saying that after 2-years not touching a bike, she just jumped on her old Dawes Watoga MTB and knocked out a 15 & 20 miler - the latter in a respectful 1:24.
Last night I fitted a comfy saddle on my roadie and she took it out this morning - unfortunately in heavy winds - so not really annured to it, but I am sacrificing my roadie for a few days to let her gt a few miles in.
TBH, if she takes up being a roadie, she'll leave me standing.
2 years ago after one 15 mile training ride and a week after running the Edinburgh marathon, SE cycled the C2C - 147 miles - leaving me struggling up the hills, however, she is 15 years younger than me ;0)

Tony

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Do you want sympathy or respect?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi Tony,

I am also an ex distance runner but due to age (53) and motorbike accidents, my knees don`t care too much for the impact anymore. I have used bikes for years to keep fit but have only recently been introduced to Kickbikes.

I now have a G4 Sport Kickbike and it combines my love of running with my love of cycling. It is a great way of cross training but is not meant to take over from cycling. It is just another way of travelling and keeping fit without beating your joints to death as distance running does.

It is a sport that is really taking off on mainland Europe. Tell her to find a place where they sell them and to go out on a test ride. I am sure she would like it. It took me years to find a way to get back on the roads like I used to, this is as close as it gets.

2008_04_st_sportG4_600.jpg

Steve

Top Bottom