Tennis Elbow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Complete rest if you can - otherwise be careful and a couple of months should see it better.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I asked my doctor about my TE after she had just had a tooth out at the dentists and was in the waiting room. I gathered from the garbled and somewhat brusque response that there were plenty of quack cures around but rest was the only proven cure.

Good luck.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
I went to a Physio last year complaining of tennis elbow - he said it wasn't TE although that's where the pain was.

He diagnosed radial nerve damage, source of which was in my neck.

Physio said that that the radial nerve becomes a sensory nerve at or about the location of the elbow (vs. motor mostly nerve further up) so that is why you feel the pain where you do

He tested his theory by getting me to do similar movements with my arm before and whilst manipulating my neck.

He recommended rest and an ice pack (a bit like a wine cooler sleeve) + some exercise to stretch the nerve

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Oohhhh! My mum and dad both suffered with tennis elbow - its one of those unfortunate conditions that people don't take seriously because of the funny name. My mum was a professional cook and in her case it was probably caused by repetitive lifting of heavy pans. She really had a bad time. Treatment went as far to steroid injections followed by two ops, as the first didn't work.

I guess that's cheered you up.

See a doctor.

I don't mean to scaremonger but do take it seriously. I'll second ice and ibuprofen gel massage for pain relief. Also as ACP says, the best remedy is rest. I have a weakness there and have suffered with both elbows on and off for ten years. Despite physiotherapy and acupuncture it grew so bad at its peak that I had cortisone injections and ultimately surgery but it was prolonged rest that finally eased the condition.

People may scoff but this condition can become chronic and very debillitating. For almost a year I couldn't do the simplest things like tie shoelaces and do up buttons. Prolonged rest is easier said than done but in bad cases might be essential.

Be aware that the finger tendons attach to the elbow so repeatedly flicking a mouse button can exacerbate the condition and do unexpected damage there. I believe extensive use of a PC for work triggered my condition.

Good luck. :biggrin:

TijnUK

This is what really helped me.

http://www.troohealthcare.com/pain-...cream-9.html?gclid=CNuyoaLdo6ECFZdc2god7jHzxQ

CT cream.

I was really sceptic about this but considering I had two tennis elbows and could hardly lift anything. Had light treatment, heat treatment, cortisone injections etc but nothing helped. I tried this cream as I thought it can't get any worse. After 5 days it was totally gone. Everytime I feel it coming up now or when I have other joint pains I use it. Still can't believe it but it does work for me. Definately worth a go.

Goodluck.

Top Bottom