Texas Big Freeze

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
No way Texas will 'be allowed' to leave the USA

at least - not until the oil has run out

first things first after all

We got water back this morning, but we've been advised to boil it before using it. We got main powers last night about midnight, luckily we already had a generator from previous hurricanes so were able to keep the fridge and some basic electronics running. No internet or cell phone for 48 hours, so contacting family members to check in on them was impossible. Spent two nights sleeping in the living room where we have a fireplace to keep the room warm. So far no burst pipes, but we still have one more freeze to go to night.

Local hospitals are having to move patients because they are running out of water.

This natural weather events and turned into a human engineered feck up driven by politics and greed.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
about 10 years ago in another cold snap, texass was warned to winterize, which they didn't do

related, but not, I had a chance to move there & worked there for a month, when I was in my 20s, 40+ yrs ago. stayed in Dallas & drove to Galveston ...
Did anyone else get this far and start singing?

Galveston oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had the honour of sharing a urinal with Bill Hicks before his gig at Birmingham Uni many eons ago. This was the second of the two times I watched him perform and you could see where his act was going - a lot of his earlier stuff hasn't aged particularly well but it was groundbreaking at the time. A real shame he died so young.

Back slightly on topic, but wasn't Bill Hicks brought up in Austin, where Texas keeps its libruls?
Houston,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We got water back this morning, but we've been advised to boil it before using it. We got main powers last night about midnight, luckily we already had a generator from previous hurricanes so were able to keep the fridge and some basic electronics running. No internet or cell phone for 48 hours, so contacting family members to check in on them was impossible. Spent two nights sleeping in the living room where we have a fireplace to keep the room warm. So far no burst pipes, but we still have one more freeze to go to night.

Local hospitals are having to move patients because they are running out of water.

This natural weather events and turned into a human engineered feck up driven by politics and greed.
There is much social media chatter about massive price spikes in electricity and residents being saddled with enormous bills. It's hard to separate the fact from the hyperbole. If you know, what is the situation on this?

Of course, stay safe and stay warm :okay:

Oldhippy

Über Member
Welcome to Climate change and the ridiculous people who say it's not a thing. Also the appalling way the system is run as well.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There is much social media chatter about massive price spikes in electricity and residents being saddled with enormous bills. It's hard to separate the fact from the hyperbole. If you know, what is the situation on this?

Of course, stay safe and stay warm :okay:
The report I saw said the price of a kilowatt hour of electricity usually costs $50 but jumped to over $9000!
That’s going to make people think before turning on the heating.

Oldhippy

Über Member
Hopefully those that live in a massively polluting country might realise what so many poorer nations experience on a regular basis but I doubt it.

Top Bottom