England : Kent Thanet Platinum 200 & 110

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Interesting....
I have an old Orbit expedition frame in my shed awaiting exactly the same treatment (except non-disc braked) for the same reasons.
I am also thinking of a softer Reynolds fork for the Rourke too ( as it’s a custom fit frame).

To be fair, I had few more PSI in my tyres than I would for pootling round here so that might have been a contributory factor too.
Fatter tyred road bikes seem to be the way forward for us of a fuller figure...
Am in active discussion with DCRWheels (whilst on a very tedious conf call) over specs etc..

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thanks!

If your friend is who I think she is, I hear she also made a new friend on the day... Discretion forbids me from saying more than that.
Lols

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Got my brevet card back in the post. Along with exotic Audax Club Parisien validation sticker. Oooh là là.

We won't have any of that foreign nonsense after Brexit. We'll have blue brevet cards too. And they won't have an effete name like "brevet" either.

What was your time Mr Trousers.

Myself and Fabbers fit full value from the day. Got my card yesterday too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
RWGPS tells me that it took me 11 hours 10 mins, and also that I started 21 min late (due to faffage). So I expect the card will say 11 hour 31 or thereabouts. I didn't check the card though.

I've always thought that putting times on completed brevet cards was a bit un-Audaxy. I thought Audax was all about finishing and not about how long it took. But who am I to question the strange ways of Audaxing.

Every Audax I have done over the years has had the finishing time written on the cards.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the finishing time being there. I know it's there, and as it is on every card I've got. Just that I'm always slightly surprised to see it. Audax has always struck me as not really caring about such things.

Audax rides have a time limit for rides. They need the time to validate a finished ride.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You need the time in the finish control box for validation purposes, but the "this Xkm ride was completed in Yhrs Zmins" box on the back of the card only needs to be filled in for BRM rides.

For the two shorter distances on my event, as they're BPs and I was doing instant validation at the finish, I didn't bother filling in that box - too time consuming - that's something riders can do for themselves if they like. For the 200, I had to fill in the times on the results sheet anyway so it wasn't much extra work to write the times on the cards.

Top Bottom