Thank you Airzound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Coming to a left turn at a residential T junction this morning. Small private hospital on right. I'm in primary about ten yards from the turn when a very large refuse truck comes from the road I heading for, no problem plenty of room I slow down until he is past me. I'm now five yards from the corner when I hear his reversing beeper. Airzound maximum blast, I can see the driver looking in his mirror to see where the noise came from. I then shout in my best geordie accent "Excuse me sir is there any reason you are trying to reverse into me" (I might have paraphrased the comment somewhat). "Sorry mate thought there was enough room for you" I believe this is known as a reverse SMIDSY! Anyway thank you Airzound for waking the idiot up.
Pete

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Got one for Xmas. Went out a couple of times and felt I was too aware of its presence. I seemed to be hanging over it (make any sense?)

So I took it off.

Couple more rides out and it went back on as each time I had situations where I could have used it!

Maz

Guru
gambatte said:
Sometimes I'm out of breath?

Airzounds louder?

(We're not all gobby sods from Bramhall Lane! :evil: )
That's Bramall Lane...watch your spelling!
btw, what is your avatar all about?...its freaky.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Maz said:
why not shout instead of having an Airzound?

Because dozy drivers of refuse trucks are oblivious to human speech. It was only because he thought that the 125db airzound was another vehicle that he woke up enough to realise I was there, and yes I was wearing my brand new replacement HiViz waistcoat. I've got no problem with shouting and if the occasion is appropriate I shout rather than airzound, but this morning I needed maximum attention grabbing DomTyler style resivour emptying 125db airzound to avoid being flattened.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I had a truck reverse round a corner blind, almost over me, just coming up the side road he was reversing into. (I had a trailer hitched at the time, so couldn't easily nip out of the way) When I remonstrated he said "You're only a cyclist" and then asked me to help by seeing him back! I was so annoyed by the 'only' remark, I refused and rode off, and then later felt guilty that he might have squashed someone else.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Maz said:
what is your avatar all about?...its freaky.

I thought so too, got my attention straight away.
Not sure what it is, I’d like to know.
It was a link on news.bbc.co.uk last week to a story about archeological finds in China (?)
I followed the link to find more info about the pic, but it wasn’t repeated or referenced.

Figured “I’ll have that” tho and saved it to the desktop.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Where d'you mount your Airzound reservoir?

I want to keep the bottle cages clear for the summer. Top tube is a no-no as it clashes with you knees (did mine anyway)

Think its now found its home, mounted upside down on the rear of the seat post.

Top Bottom