THANK YOU, Everyone !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Afternoon all.

Its almost the end of the year and while I have a couple of busy weeks planned, I thought I pop in here and thank everyone for all the support/advice you have given me this last year.

Be it the MILLIONS of MTB questions I asked before buying another Cube

or Help and advice after I was hit by that van in the summer

and thanks to everyone who sponsored me this year too, I'd love for you to do it again next year ;)

But most of all, thanks for making me feel welcomed, cycling is always seen as elitest, done by "Those skinny guys on Carbon bikes" it wasnt easy to come here (and other forums) 2 years ago with a sig stating I used to weigh the best part of 40 stone, but not once was it an issue, everyone was supportive and , if you take a look at my sig now, I think you'd agree that at 6 foot 3" I have pretty muched achieved everything I could have ever asked for , when it comes to weight loss.

To the new year, there will be new challenges, but for now, I wanted to thank you all and share a E-Glass of wine.

Gaz

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Gaz you're an inspiration, that's all i can say.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New year to you!!

paul

:cheers:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
14 ST 8 Thats incredible Gaz ,I hadnt realized you had got down to that yet. :thumbsup:

This is a serious question that I am sure must have come up before but have you considered writing a book about your experiences? You dont need to actually write it yourself and I am sure it would be a hit. Weight management and cycling are both popular topics.

If you hadnt taken up cycling do you think you could have achieved this much by other forms of exercise ,walking swimming gym etc? I think its the fact that cycling becomes part of your daily life that makes it work.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Many thanks for letting us share the web space with such an inspirational, exceptional person as you. I'll never loose as much weight as you (unless they invent negative weights), but to have been with you, if only distantly, during your journey is something I'll never forget. The story of illnesses and gastic bypass appointment to full health, the before and after stats on weight, resting heart rate, etc and the honest admission on your own frailties never fail to inspire anyone I tell your story to.

Have a Very Happy Christmas, and here's to a continued healthy, slim 2011.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
:bravo: Echoing all the comments above, Gaz.:bravo:

That is one amazing achievement, and just one of the truly great things about this particular site is that it holds no elitist barriers to anyone, as you've recognised..

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Gaz, well done I am forever sending out a link to your blog amazing amount of "bottle" it must have taken to make that first ride @ 40st I found it hard to make the move @ 17st! I was mostly concerned about people thinking what the hell is that silly fat sod doing on a bike, that and keeling over.

You mention in your Blog about excess skin (when in the Hospital) do you have any plans for dealing with that problem?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Dude, it's you who deserves the thanks from all of us. You've enriched our lives and set such an example that is very inspiring. Thanks for your courage in coming on here and sharing.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dude, it's you who deserves the thanks from all of us. You've enriched our lives and set such an example that is very inspiring. Thanks for your courage in coming on here and sharing.

I hope BM doesn't mind, but his words are sooo better than any of mine. Well done.
I have to tackle my own (fairly minor) weight issues next year and everytime I fail to loose any, I'm gonna think of you!
Well done and a very Merry Christmas.

Amheirchion

A big congrats to you, and a kick up the backside to myself. You weigh less than me and have an extra 3 inches on me, time to kick it up a bit... After Christmas.

potsy

Rambler
I said a few weeks ago that you were nearly as 'slim' as me now. That's when your sig said 16st. You now ARE as slim as me, only thing is you're about 6" taller too
biggrin.gif

Well done big fella Gaz,

Top Bottom