The 7th level of hell....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..has just opened in Leicester:sad: It's called the Highcross shopping centre and is the same size as Birmingham's Bullring.

It's got a new 4000 space car park and we can see the bloody thing form our windows:angry:

'Leicester, Britain's First Environment City'

wafflycat

I was at yet another level of hell yesterday. It is known as Milton Keynes.

beancounter

wafflycat said:
I was at yet another level of hell yesterday. It is known as Milton Keynes.

Hey! I work in Milton Keynes!

It's a bit bland but nothing seriously wrong with it. I can cycle all around the city without touching a road, so it can't be all that bad...

bc

wafflycat

MK is hell. Been there loads of times. Every time there is nothing that I see or experience to improve it. The folk I see are great, but the place is one I'd not have any regret about not visiting ever again.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I had all the 'luck' of living in West Croydon/Thornton Heath for 3 years and will be very happy if I never see the place again.

Maz

Guru
It worries me just how much extra traffic Highcross will bring to the city centre. I always bike it whenever I can, or get the bus.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Yep, and all that traffic will have to come out on to Sanvey Gate. Which won't cope.

How long before an announcement that the A50 will be 'improved' all the way out to the ring road.:sad:

Maz

Guru
Hilldodger said:
Yep, and all that traffic will have to come out on to Sanvey Gate. Which won't cope.
I'd never thought about that before, but you're absolutely right. :sad:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sounds ghastly Hilldodger.
There are big plans ahead for the Elephant & Castle roundabout that is going to push the volume of traffic to the limits, especially during construction.
For the most part our city roads were built for horse and cart traffic never designed for todays number of cars etc.

wafflycat

A little known but truly awful part of hell was/is Killingworth Township in the NE.Built in the 1960s, it had The Garths and *shudder* The Towers *shudder*

Haven't been there for years. The Towers were demolished in the 80s IIRC, so it could be the place is much improved - or it may not be.

Top Bottom