The best ride in ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Had the best commute home ever last night!!

The rain has been getting on my ti*s a bit of late and the warm dry evening was a glorious surprise.

I really didn’t fancy it at all as I was in a rush, but it just went really well.

I also noticed that in the twilight/low light …I "felt" as if I were riding really fast. Its either been really dark and wet, or kinda foggy for me lately so this was my first "twilight" ride where I could see the sun setting and feel the air getting cooler (which suited me perfectly).

Probably had a tail wind or something, but something went right as it was the best run ever.I arrived home feeling full of beans and could have easily turned around and done the whole thing again!

Apologies if this sounds like showing off, it's not meant to, I just thought it was an experience worth sharing and wondered if anyone else enjoyed the conditions last night.

Jonny

There's a week or so each year where the sun is just in the right place at the time I go home to shine along one of the bridleways I sometimes use on the commute, and it lights up the trees either side of the path. It feels like I'm riding down an illuminated tunnel.

Last night was one of those nights. Proper lovely it were.

It's grey and drizzley tonight ..

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Lazy-Commuter said:
There's a week or so each year where the sun is just in the right place at the time I go home to shine along one of the bridleways I sometimes use on the commute, and it lights up the trees either side of the path. It feels like I'm riding down an illuminated tunnel.

Last night was one of those nights. Proper lovely it were.

It's grey and drizzley tonight ..

Phew, thanks LC, I was worried I was getting soft or something and that I was the only one who thought it was a great evening.:biggrin:

Raining tonight, pretty hard as well so it may be on its way to you....watch out!!

jonny jeez said:
Phew, thanks LC, I was worried I was getting soft or something and that I was the only one who thought it was a great evening.:biggrin:

Raining tonight, pretty hard as well so it may be on its way to you....watch out!!
Yesterday was great overall: the morning was lovely as well. As was this morning. As for tonight ..

Thanks for the warning. It's just got dark(ish) here already (mid Kent), ground is wet and there's water in the air.

And since I started typing this reply it suddenly got very loud outside as the heavens have just opened. I'm looking out the office window at an upright sea with slots in it.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It does seem like you're going faster as it gets darker.

Even more so if it's warm too. It feels really fast riding back late at night on a summer evening (unless it's one of those muggy bastards)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You southerners had the crappy weather last few days - got away with it up North - we're supposed to get a stack of rain tonight, but I'd avoided anything on the way home.

It's great riding in the dark commuting for a bit, but after Christmas you are longing for the light, then in September longing for the dark.....crazy eh. Love misty mornings and the beams off my lights shining out !

Top Bottom