The booze-quittin' buddy thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
My plan for January has gone ok, better than expected. I decided to ditch the strong continental lager (Kronenbourg) in favour of choosing better quality beers be they proper European lagers (your Erdingers, Duvels etc) or British Ales in lesser quantities. I've rediscovered my love of ales and porters that I lost in 1991 (when I moved to London and tasted Courage Directors for the first time). Now going beer shopping is like being a kid in a toy shop and I can't wait for my local 'Spoons to re-open tomorrow following a fire.

So rather than necking 12 cans of Kronie, I've had 4 or 5 decent ales of an evening which has meant no hangovers which has also meant I can have a beer on a school night too. Only downside is the number of times I wake during the night needing the loo (12 cans basically puts you out till morning).

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
All done and dusted. A month alcohol-free never seems to be a big deal to me and, to be honest, I don't feel any health benefits from doing it. Maybe there are some but they must be modest.
Decided to have a couple of beers and a glass of wine last night and jolly nice they were too. Nothing now until Friday evening

busdennis

Veteran
no point waiting till the morning to report another failure (typing with drink in hand)
mon, tue, wed, thur no problem and never missed it, but suffering a chest infection all week = no riding, so boredom and depression set in this weekend = drink

martint235

Dog on a bike
So having been up north for the weekend which brought back all my bad habits and I'm now on day 3 of an x day hangover. I now have a dilemma. I know enough of my Catholic upbringing to realise we've just entered Lent so it seems a challenging period to give up for (probably one of the reasons the tradition was brought in) I'm just uncomfortable with calling it Lent.

Top Bottom