The Brexit Thread

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by Spinney, 13 Dec 2017.

1. Personally I'd say English :smile:

deptfordmarmoset and Spinney like this.
  2. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Yeah, I know what you mean...

Tanis8472 likes this.
  3. perplexed

perplexed Guru

The lady who started the Revoke Art 50 petition has received threats. (Had to appear incognito on Look North the other night due to this). Police have had to intervene and help her with security. As I understand it, she's in her 70s. What times...

4. OP
    OP
    Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

That's 'democracy' for you.

It's only democracy when the answer happens to co-incide with what the Brexit snowflakes want.

Why is it that it seems to be mostly Leavers who are the ones that threaten and need police presence at their protests?

NB this is not saying all leavers are violent etc, but that of the people who are violent and/or issue threats, the vast majority appear to be on the hard Brexit end of the spectrum.

5. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

How dare you, you've just besmirched 17.4m people, you should apologise.

View: https://youtu.be/i4z9yC4SgoA

Last edited: 13 Jul 2019
  6. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Bloviating Windbag

Give it time. Some of us antifa thugs have reached the stage of watching youtube videos about metalworking and bowcrafting.

7. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Bloviating Windbag

I mean, sure, I was unable to confront the daffodil on the train today who was using up four seats on his own while there were people standing in the carriage but when the call comes I'll be ready!!1

8. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Thankfully, the UK will be able to count on being a major player in a strong and powerful union of nations to enable her resistance to bullying from the USA's predatory tendencies.

Ah...

Oh well, we'll just puff our chests out, sink a few fishing boats which dare to get within 200 miles of us, and then settle down in front of the telly with a helping of nostalgia and chips.

Sovereignty my ar£e...

9. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Sunday morning political tv (getting out soon). I don't know what these politicians like Priti Patel that want a hard or no deal brexit are going to do after October? They are having the time of their lives talking about it.

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  10. Get new cue sheets: one will blame Remoaners for stabbing Britain in the back at the moments of victory and the ROI for not getting with the programme and allowing the UK to do what it wants with NI, and claiming this illustrates why the UK has to leave the EU; the other will blame the EU for stabbing Britain in the back and causing the UK economy to collapse and the ROI for not getting with the programme and allowing the UK to do what it wants with NI, and claiming this illustrates why the UK had to leave the EU .

I expect they're both ready and printed...

perplexed and C R like this.
  11. marinyork

They are absolutely loving it at the moment. This is the only time, whatever you think of brexit, where they can go on about it 24/7 on the tv with no consequences. Closer to October, after October decisions will have to be made, scrutiny had. After October things will change. But right now, summer break, Conservative leadership election where everyone knows Boris has won, pure unadulterated brexit talk like you've never seen it before. The Lib Dems are busy having a leadership campaign, the media are totally consumed talking about other things in Labour. Brexit heaven.

Dayvo, C R, theclaud and 1 other person like this.
  12. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Ledbydonkeys will have a feature length film full of lies come October.

raleighnut and Andy in Germany like this.
  13. marinyork

Not really my thing.

I did like the three efforts by Joe on Rees-Mogg Common Market, Farage of I would tell 500 lies and Gove with Because I got high.

Diogenes and deptfordmarmoset like this.
  14. perplexed

perplexed Guru

By a French printer... :whistle:

Andy in Germany and Tanis8472 like this.
  15. On blue paper :whistle:

perplexed and Andy in Germany like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice