The Chain Thread Vs The Tea Thread - Petty Rivalry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I realise that there's no childish and petty rivalry between the chain thread and the tea thread so we ought to make a concerted effort to change all that, and even though I love tea and drink gallons of the stuff every day I would suggest that regular contributors to the chain thread are quite obviously superior beings.

At the moment the tea thread has the upper hand with 16,858 post to the chain thread's 15,929 - these figures were taken at lunch time 31/03/2009.

My scientific theory using a slide rule, bunsen burner and litmus paper is as follows -

Tea Thread - started 25/09/2007 has 16,858 posts with 163,115 viewings. Therefore they get 1 post per 9.6758 viewings and average around 33 posts a day.

Chain Thread - started 11/04/2008 and has 15,929 posts with 100,109 viewings. Therefore there is 1 post per 6.2847 viewings at an average of around 43 posts a day - a much better strike rate!

If the chain thread continues at this level my calculations show that the tea thread will be overtaken in approximately 90 days, so world domination would be achieved late June early July.

Mu-ha-ha, cackle, evil laugh, etc......:biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
dip into Tea thread now and then, no idea what Chain thread is

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I've been wondering for a while now when the chain thread will catch the tea thread, thanks for saving me the time to work it out. Unfortunately the very act of posting your findings will change the normal pattern of postings and your calculations will have been in vain.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not having a quiet day by any chance, 3bikes?

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[quote name='swee'pea99']Not having a quiet day by any chance, 3bikes?[/quote]

Ahem - just something I was mulling over whilst staring into the middle distance, as one does at one's desk.........is it going home time yet?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Quantity is all very well, but what about quality? How many participants in the Chain thread have, for instance, met/drunk together/slept with each other?:smile:

just jim

Couldn't we form an alliance, like something out of y' know, Lord of the Rings? Tea and music. What could be better?

Top Bottom