The dangers of air-hoses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
An accident? yeah right.. he shoved it up his ass as a prank lol

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Somebody told me a story like that when I first started work in a factory in 1979, though in that story, the man died!

Another colleague told me that he'd worked in a car factory which had some massive presses and a man had been killed by shrapnel when some idiot chucked a handful of ball bearings in as a press was closing.

The industrial accident story which really got me was this honorary Darwin Award - Scrotum self-repair! :eek: [Be warned - not for the squeamish!]

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I would assume that the hanging air hoses would only be shooting air from them when connected to a suitable tool... or being p*ssed around with by the likes of him or his workmates. If he wins the case then there's really no hope for civilisation! :wacko:

calibanzwei

I believe the kids call it 'pumping'... originated in Japan
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Having been unable to dredge up any supporting evidence from the .net, I'll chalk the above information down to strange dreams....

gbb

Legendary Member
Most likely (IMO) is mates mucking around, iv'e seen it before and it makes me angry. We all moan about H&S but when you see the stupidity of some people, it makes my blood boil.
I'm (or was until i find another job) a maintenance engineer and have a healthy respect for dangerous equipment. But give a 'helper' such a piece of equipment and common sense goes out the window for them. Air lines being blown at people, a quick blast from a pressure washer to wet a passer by...they'll both do extreme damage if you're too close. Bollock them....and as soon as you're back's turned :angry: .FFS they're at it again. Brainless, that's all it is.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Colin. Please do not post that Darwin Award again. I now feel rather sick xx(.

I agree with what others have said. This does appear to be the result of larking about by either his mates, him or both.

Top Bottom