The dirty, dirty b*******

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
My Polish mate at work brings some strange concoctions for her lunch. Everyday is a bonus!

Today it was a sandwich (simple enough) but filled with about 3 cm of butter, some kind of fish paste, cheese spread, ham, mayonnaise, a branston type substance and ketchup. She then revealed a jar of some unidentified thing that reminded me of something sitting on a shelf in my biology classes.

She also drinks filter coffee UNFILTERED!!! I found this out to my disgust when she made me a 'polish coffee' and I had a mouthful of the dregs. ;)

BUT the best was a tube, toothpaste like, which contained a kind of thick, sickly sweet, milky substance which they squeeze and suck from. The mind boggles. :rolleyes:

Viva la difference and all that...

Noodley

Apart from the unfiltered coffee it sounds quite tasty.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Rhythm Thief said:
They sell Polish coffee in our local shop. The Polish for coffee is "Bogaty Smak".;)

But this isn't 'polish' coffee. At first I thought it was going to be some special kind ... and then I saw it .... Kenco's finest.

Noodley

Younger Noodlette frequently returns home after visiting one of her Polish friends raving about what she has eaten! Some it sounds strange but she loves it. I bet if I gave it to her she'd refuse to eat it. ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
snapper_37 said:
BUT the best was a tube, toothpaste like, which contained a kind of thick, sickly sweet, milky substance which they squeeze and suck from. The mind boggles. :rolleyes:
I used to do that with Primular cheese spread.;)

My sandwiches from school days would consist of butter, cream cheese, ham (or tongue), walnuts, pineapple, cottage cheese and honey.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
snapper_37 said:
...it was a sandwich (simple enough) but filled with about 3 cm of butter...

;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
snapper_37 said:
BUT the best was a tube, toothpaste like, which contained a kind of thick, sickly sweet, milky substance which they squeeze and suck from. The mind boggles. ;)

Viva la difference and all that...

When I went inter-railing as a student I remember buying a tube (toothpaste shaped) filled with condensed milk. As I liked my coffee (then) with milk and sugar it made a convenient way to transport milk around without it going off. Perhaps it was something like that.

We once had Polish children on an exchange visit to stay, and they came absolutely laden with gifts - some of it was really nice sort of alcoholic coffee/toffee chocolates being the absolute favourites.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

summerdays said:
When I went inter-railing as a student I remember buying a tube (toothpaste shaped) filled with condensed milk. As I liked my coffee (then) with milk and sugar it made a convenient way to transport milk around without it going off. Perhaps it was something like that.

No, no no. I'm going to ask Anya when she comes back to the office, 'Hey Anya, what is that thick white stuff that you take pleasure in swallowing on a daily basis?'. ;) :rolleyes:

snapper_37 said:
No, no no. I'm going to ask Anya when she comes back to the office, 'Hey Anya, what is that thick white stuff that you take pleasure in swallowing on a daily basis?'. ;) :biggrin:

:rolleyes: I wouldn't ask her that. I'd re-phrase it if I were you.

Top Bottom