The Eurovision Song Contest Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The time is fast approaching, the excitement is slowly starting to build here, just a few odd-jobs to finish, get dinner on the table and then book my place on the Sofa.
There's a fine selection of beers in the fridge, lots of bitey-borings to help the evening along.

So, there's 2 questions... and they're biggies.
After the warm-up show of loads of weird and wonderful acts has been duly performed (singing's a bit strong really), the real importants stuff begins. Wogan now really gets into his stride after his 2nd bottle of Pinot Grigot, this is the recurring moment that Wogan was born for; The Voting.
The big questions? Which Eastern European country will be hosting the Voting next year? How long before Andy is back on the bins?

simoncc

Boom Bang a Bang.

Mortiroloboy

Fab, fab ,fab...You've gone right down in my estimations of you :biggrin: How can you watch that awful dross? You already know the outcome...All the Eastern bloc countries and all them places that used to be Yugoslavia, will gang up and vote for each other, we'll end up with Nil point! Shocking, you should be ashamed of yourself :sad:;):sad::laugh: Wogan is the only saving grace, his cutting ascerbic comments, which got him into trouble with the organisers, who said he was making it a laughing stock, eh, I think it's that already without his help. Enjoy! :biggrin::smile::smile:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

User259iroloboy said:
Fab, fab ,fab...You've gone right down in my estimations of you :biggrin: How can you watch that awful dross? You already know the outcome...All the Eastern bloc countries and all them places that used to be Yugoslavia, will gang up and vote for each other, we'll end up with Nil point! Shocking, you should be ashamed of yourself :sad:;):sad::laugh: Wogan is the only saving grace, his cutting ascerbic comments, which got him into trouble with the organisers, who said he was making it a laughing stock, eh, I think it's that already without his help. Enjoy! :biggrin::smile::smile:

I think you've succesfully MADE the case for watching!

It's brill, it says more about modern Europe than any number of leather elbow-patched academicals (well the ones that haven't been shot yet) could tell us.
Sooo camp too, love it. Bet Liberace is watching up on his cloud!

Magnifique!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

alecstilleyedye said:
we should have made andy a novelty act, a singing bin man, in full hi-viz with dancing wheelie bins :biggrin:

That would be 'Stomp' then...
:sad:

Top Bottom