The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Who remembers this excellent sitcom? I always felt it had a subtlety and comic tragedy that was lacking in other shows. I will never forget the sadness of Reggie's disappearance and how he came back to visit his wife Elizabeth disguised as a buck-toothed farm labourer and then realised he still loved her while she pretended she hadn't already sussed him. Then the epsode where Reggie finally succeeded in bedding the lovely Joan, his secretary played by the rather sexy Sue Nicholls. Everything went wrong and it turned into an embarrassing shambles.

I still think of Reggie's hippo visions whenever Elizabeth mentioned her mother (got my own M.I.L. on my phone as a big pink fluffy cloud) and the awful domineering CJ (so like my own boss) barking "mind the chair Reggie" then paaarp as Reggie sat down.

Leonard Rossiter was a great actor, who I miss.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yup, I liked it too. Read the book loads of times. Always liked the bit where he's driving a giant jelly shaped tanker, and exchanges sympathetic waves with the driver of a beer bottle shaped lorry....

Pottsy

One of my favourites, I have a DVD box set with every series on it. B)

I still walk into the office occasionally and say something along the lines of "Sorry, 11 minutes late, problem with points at Clapham Junction..." and everyone under 35 looks at me strangely...

I didn't get where I am today without liking that programme.B)

tyred

Legendary Member
I am too young to have seen it first time round but I have seen many repeats and it is, without a doubt a classic comedy.

Top Bottom