The Golf...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
....thread.

Given the success of The Football thread, it seems a shame that afficionados of other pursuits should feel left out.

Having learnt so much from The Football thread and knowing so little about Golf myself, it'd be good to hear from Golf enthusiasts here..

Just to kick tee things off, apparently someone called Bubba Watson has achieved Victory in Augusta:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/17655173

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What the f*** can you learn from a football thread.:rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Golf is rubbish... I mean..
Who would want to go out in all weathers either on their own or with mates, join a silly club, wear funny looking clothing and spending all their hard earned cash on the latest gear?

oh!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I played golf once. I dont mean once as in a while ago, but once as in....once. It's very easy to not take at all seriously.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Apparently dressing up comes before actually winning anything

5c95ebbcad09516cc0bc4a1eca8527f8-getty-142511548.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Apparently dressing up comes before actually winning anything

5c95ebbcad09516cc0bc4a1eca8527f8-getty-142511548.jpg
I feel so much better know.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I do actually like watching golf on TV.
It's a skillful game.
Tried it a couple of times but just couldn't take to it.

I used to play until I broke my elbow, (falling off my bike ironically!), then I just never felt right as I can no longer fully extend my right arm and it cocked my swing up.

So I retired from golf, sold all my gear and bought another bike ^_^

If money was no object and I didn't have to work I'd take it up again TBH.

I watched all 4 days of the Masters, (I watch all the majors and have done for years), and despite Phil Mickleson letting me down I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Oosthuizen's albatross was fantastic. Shame he didn't win the playoff.
I think the right man won. Bubba's a proper character with heart, and that's what golf needs IMO.

Oosthuizen is too clinical far my liking, and his gappy grin reminds me of an old boss I had :whistle: Although I won't disagree about the albatross

As fantastic as that was though, I'd pick Bubba's recovery out of the pine trees on the 10th, that's the shot that won him the Masters :thumbsup:

Top Bottom