The Hairy Puncture Fairy !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

My rear tyre was flat this morning, I think I ust have daaged the valve when I was getting my bike ready and put some ore air in the tyre, I went a bit harder than normal to 115 psi, 102 max on the tyre but was experimenting, bunged some air in to get to work and it was fine, bit flat when I got out so pumped it up and resolved to do something about it when I got home, which I did.

Whipped the tube out, inflated it and ran it through a bucket of water, no air escaping until I left the valve open a tiny bit (presta), sall bubbles every few seconds, conversant with a slow leak, tightenting the valve fully seemed to stop the airflow so I was debating whether to bin it or give it another go but make sure the valve is tighter, but whilst I was pondering the decision was made for me.....

Rambo, our Yorkie Poo (50% Poodle/50% Yorkie, a "Hybrid" if you will) pup, a small black Gnasher (of the Beano) type dog had scuttled out and as is his way, sunk his teeth into the tube that was hanging down by my side, I shoot myself as I hadnt seen him and it went with a right woosh :biggrin: cue one very bemused, worried, wind swept looking dog, I am surprised he didnt inflate himself and burst !

He came in the garage as I was testing one of my replacements that had been reapired but for some reason he had no further appetite for tubes, in fact he turned tail and hurried back to the kitchen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My cats do a runner when the track pump comes out...........

Top Bottom