The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
No negatives please - not even a hint - just the GOOD bits about your commute ... :biggrin:

Me, well I had a great one. Drivers were polite, I left in plenty of time so I didn't need to rush, I got a "Thank You" from a ped when I stopped at a crossing, and the Tesco artic driver who patiently waited for me to breach the small, but steep (read slow) railway bridge got a big thank you hand wave as he passed me with almost a car width of room. :bravo:

All in all, a cracking ride in.

Ride home? Incident free and plain sailing - even had a good back wind too.

So, come on then, let's hear about the good stuff that's happening on your commute ...

... and remember, it's only going to get better from here on in. Lighter nights, warmer weather - just what we all need ... ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

eddiemee

The last few mornings I've gotten to know a farmer on my way to work. He comes out of a side road just at the bottom of a big hill lugging a very wide trailer of silage. I always seem to pass just before he joins the main road so that he ends up stuck behind me all the way up the hill. There was nothing coming the other way yesterday morning so I moved over a bit and waved him past. Got a generous wave in return. Nice feeling.

hambones

I have been commuting 6-8 times a week since May 08 and the full 10 times since selling my car this Christmas and I have never had a bad commute! ;)

I think there may have been a close overtake once? Ah, you said not even a HINT - well, it wasn't close close... :bravo:

jimboalee

I'll scan my diaries and blank out 12 May 1994, 4 Aug 2006 and 20 Jan 2010.
Have you enough server space? This might take all day, one week per posting.

:bravo::biggrin::biggrin:

jimboalee

On a more cheery note, I still have my Audax UK 'Mileater diary' here from Y2K.
Most of it is my commuting miles through Birmingham, Coventry and Nuneaton.

I only did one Audax 200 in Y2K. The remaining 9800 km were 100s and commuting.
Flicking through the pages, I haven't noted one unsavoury incident.

One interesting entry is "e-mail Sheila ( Simpson ) about making up own Permanents".
Then the DIY system emerged. ??? I'd forgotten that. DIYs started four years later, so mine was probably not the only enquiry.

Another entry is "Called in at Neil's ( Gascoignes, Coleshill ) to look at 531 tourer."
Two weeks later "Birthday present – That 531 tourer from Neil's".

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Was on my old steel MTB today, its a shed, however I dropped a guy on a nice new MTB on slicks and a roadie (tho he was slow because of the potential ice) Also set a PB for the bike, Was a top quality ride.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had a good chat with my neighbour over three miles before we parted company this morning...you know..ice, next new bike, his new tent, decathlon sales..... etc..etc...

I have caught and cycled a few rides with other riders which makes a very pleasnt change.
I have hadmore positive eperiences than negative with motorists over the last 6 months

Zippy

On my commute, I have a long steep hill that narrows to a set of traffic lights with a filter light for left. The busy crossroads is served very well by toucan crossings with break away ramps for cyclists.

This morning I was very much aware of a heavy haulage vehicle cranking down the gears behind me but not attempting to stick me in the gutter on a quick overtake.

I left the road as soon as I could - a bit naugty as the ramp I used wasn't officially the toucan exit ramp, but no pedestrians and I was applying the law in this case!

A friendly toot and the heavy was able to make the filter lights without having to stop and I was able to cross safely on the toucan route.

Its nice when commuters can co-operate.:bravo:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Had a nice little peleton riding down the A21 towards London this morning. And not one RLJ'r out of the 5 and a little bit of chat about the rain and state of the roads. Very nice commute in regardless of the crappy weather.

brokenbetty

Über Member
No problems on my commute this morning :bravo: plenty of space from drivers both overtaking and following. The rain slowed me down a bit (steel rims) but I had my pretty new double panniers to keep me happy

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh yes and I forgot to add. Last night I used a Hope Vision 1 for the first time. WOW!! What a cracking light. Makes a big difference to the nightime commute home. Very bright indeed and I was only using on setting number 2 of 4.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Got a smile from a lady cyclist as I pulled up to the lights last night. Then as the lights turned green, she told me to go ahead as she wasn't very quick.

Lovely bit of commuting cyclist interaction.

Origamist

Legendary Member
A guy outside Oval tube asked why I had a torch strapped to my handlebars - I explained why, but he wasn't convinced so I told him to look just above the torch and full beamed him. He covered his eyes and said "that's bright"...

I then got a puncture, but repaired it in record time.

Top Bottom