The Inland Revenue has gone nuts! Hooray!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've just had an experience that I thought I would never, ever have: just got home from work and opened a letter from the Inland Revenue and they reckon they overcharged me for 08-09 and would I mind taking a cheque for 1,200 quid?

The cheque is lying next to the computer as I type but I still don't quite believe it.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
N+1, Andy?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And about 10 minutes after you've spent it, you receive a follow-up letter asking you to rip the cheque up, sorry, they've made another mistake, they actually undercharged you so would you kindly send them £1,200 ASAP! ;)

taxing

They make me apply for my refund every single year. This year it took numerous letters and six months before I got my paltry £300. Lucky bugger.

mr Mag00

rising member
well if 300 s paltry to you i will pm you my address i would gladly take it off your hands

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
And about 10 minutes after you've spent it, you receive a follow-up letter asking you to rip the cheque up, sorry, they've made another mistake, they actually undercharged you so would you kindly send them £1,200 ASAP! ;)

This happened to me, for quite a bit more than £1,200 too. No joke. Their system is hopeless, and they will be the first to admit, off the record of course.

Gromit

Über Member
I got £100 pounds ish back a few months ago, helped to pay off and instalment for my tuition fees. :thumbsup:

Shaun

Founder
I've suddenly become 10x more interested in my mail!!! :smile:

Just out of interest, what camera would be the +1?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I was thinking of the Zeiss Ikon as the cheque would cover the cost of the body, then I would have to get a lens.

But now I'm drifting in the direction of putting it towards a Walker 5x7 (google Walker Titan to get you to the website, then have a look at the 5x7).

Top Bottom