The last Ski Sunday!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
GUTTED....this is the last week! I've LOVED it this season since they made it Top Gear on the snow and amped up the theme tune!! It's also made me want to get skiing again, which I wasn't sure would happen a few weeks ago!!!

I agree fully! It has been brought up to date and is opening up the attraction of alpine sports to a wider audience.
Graham Bell was also a very good presenter, being knowledgeable, interesting, entertaining; an all-round good bloke. Last week when he was in Austria on a hike through the Alps, he was chatting to an Austrian woman and asked her what her son was called; he was flabbergasted when she repiled 'Kevin'! I suppose you had to be there, really! :biggrin:

I worked as a marshall at the Kvitfjell downhill in 1997; it was/is horrendously steep, icy and fast.
It was our local ski slope (I was studying at a college 10km up the road) and went down there dozens of times, but considerably slower than these fellas.
Tragic news about Matthias Lanzinger who had his lower leg amputated! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Can't bear to watch the link...I can't watch crashes at all any more!

Am doing okay, thanks. Can now hobble across the room without my crutches and am HOPING to take the bike out next weekend on the canal path. Have notched up about 100 miles on the turbo though, so should be relatively fit. Can't wait to be back to normal (normal??) though!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Eugh!!

longers

Legendary Member
I've never been skiing but really enjoyed the show and loved the theme tune.
Not seen it for a few years though.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
I used to like Ski Sunday how it used to be when it was actually about ski-racing...

See, I used to like it too...but I much prefer it now it's more real. The beauty of the mountains, the crunch of skies on snow....I'm never going to even slightly resemble the racers but I can identify with the other bits.

Top Bottom